Lt. Commander
# 11
12-05-2008, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capgjt585 View Post
*I thought DS9 was still a Federation starbase, so how does Ro get to be security chief for the Bajorans there? Or did I miss something?
Well, the post was more or less vacant as far as I know, considering Odo rejoined the great link at the end of DS9. And if I remember correctly the feds only "managed" the station for the bajorans anyway, that's how Odo got the job in the first place (or rather kept it after the cardassian retreat) and why most of his security officers wore uniforms of the bajoran militia.

Why a former criminal got a post as somethings chief of security is beyond me, however. Maybe it's this optimistic, federation "Everyone deserves a second chance"-thing.

And just by the way: I'm not entirely sure whether I should be glad or annoyed that they left the new Destiny-novels out of "their" canon. Story is great, but its got the biggest cliffhanger I've ever seen on Trek (only finished book 2 so far).
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-05-2008, 03:31 PM
Wow,awesome.Thanx Cryptic!

*Romulan needs food badly!*
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-05-2008, 03:38 PM
Great job
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-05-2008, 03:39 PM
Juiciest update yet!
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-05-2008, 03:43 PM
Definitely liking the Romulan developments. Interesting to see how each of the opponents in the power struggle is consolidating power around themselves. Donatra declares herself Empress, while Tal'Aura maneuvers to do the same in everything but name. And as someone said, this also helps develop the Federation-Klingon rift nicely. I like it

I also really like the development of the artificial sentient life rights movement that so many people were requesting be expanded upon. That is one of the things I think Trek is founded upon. By examining how we define humanity and how we treat others and/or how we expand who we consider human, we learn a lot more about ourselves and our own humanity.

Nice to see a little intrigue going on with the Cardassians. I'm surprised that the Bajorans are only trying to extradite Cardassian criminals/leaders, though. As far as I know, all of the Bajoran orbs that were taken off planet after the Occupation were never returned, and you would think the Bajorans would be clamoring to have those returned, due to their importance and place in their hugely societally incorporated religion.

And yeah, I think we all were a little surprised by Ro getting head of security right out of prison. I mean, she did serve her term and everything, and the Feds might consider this a chance to re-prove herself, but still. Letting felons (and almost a war criminal) run the security on one of the most influential and important space stations in the Federation seems a little iffy.

Oh, and I just want to say thanks, Razor and the crew. Love these updates, and I especially like the increasing frequency with which they're being put out. As much as some of us complained about the wait between the first two, I think it was worth it if you guys thought out this much in advance to give us frequent, well-thought out updates.
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-05-2008, 03:54 PM
Awesome! Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-05-2008, 04:09 PM
Awesome! Love to read these and appreciate the faster updates.

Looks like the Romulan internal struggle is about to blow up into a full blown civil war. Can't wait to see how it plays out.
Lt. Commander
# 18 More
12-05-2008, 04:13 PM
Thank you for continuing this great story arch. I can't wait to see more....
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-05-2008, 04:13 PM
Yay! Would have liked to hear more about Picard and Seven working together against the Borg, but it was still very interesting to hear about the Doctor. I always loved his character, and I hope they rule him sentient!
Lt. Commander
# 20 Awsome
12-05-2008, 04:21 PM
Thanks for the update.
Can't wait for the next one.
Closed Thread