Lt. Commander
# 21
12-05-2008, 04:40 PM
Very well done, I loved the EMH Reference.
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-05-2008, 04:44 PM
Looks great Crytic (Razor), the Romulan Empire side of the story fits with all the post Nemesis material I've read so far and makes for alot of openings to develop your version of the Future of the Empire and those waiting to take what parts they can from the Empire.

Good to see the issues that Tal' Aura has brought onto herself, suspect it will bring bitter fruit indeed. I suspect alot will hinge on what Empress Donatra and the Federation can do to secure a more prosperous future and still please the people of the Empire. Hum ..think the Klingons took classes in sneakiness 101 from us Romulans, catching us with our pants down while we start a mini-civil war.

(Wonders what Donatra's thoughts will be on the Unifiers and Reman and Feds, for this timeline (will they become enemy or allies for the IRE)

Will AI(s) lifeform be an option for players to play? Sort of sounds like it.

Sidenote: Does the Destiny series of novels have much to do with Romulans? I haven't seen any reviews indicating such.
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-05-2008, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fvillha View Post
Looks great Crytic (Razor), the Romulan Empire side of the story fits with all the post Nemesis material I've read so far and makes for alot of openings to develop your version of the Future of the Empire and those waiting to take what parts they can from the Empire.

Good to see the issues that Tal' Aura has brought onto herself, suspect it will bring bitter fruit indeed. I suspect alot will hinge on what Empress Donatra and the Federation can do to secure a more prosperous future and still please the people of the Empire. Hum ..think the Klingons took classes in sneakiness 101 from us Romulans, catching us with our pants down while we start a mini-civil war.

(Wonders what Donatra's thoughts will be on the Unifiers and Reman and Feds, for this timeline (will they become enemy or allies for the IRE)

Will AI(s) lifeform be an option for players to play? Sort of sounds like it.

Sidenote: Does the Destiny series of novels have much to do with Romulans? I haven't seen any reviews indicating such.
Nah, Destiny is more about the Federation vs. a new Borg invasion, though they do employ the Klingons for help. Though Destiny is the least likely of the post-Nemesis novels to be incorporated into the Path to 2409, due to it's, ah...grandiose nature
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-05-2008, 05:02 PM
Schweeeet.....

The first half was just generic flavour but the second half is very interesting :D

1: Hints at being able to play a HOLOGRAPHIC character!
if they can mass produce by 2409 there's no reason that sentient holographic life can't wander around doing stuff!

2: Seems like interesting times for 2409 if the political climate doesn't change.
relations between all parties seem to be rocky.

3: Thanks for the Ro drop in T_T it shakes up the book based timelines but thanks for the consideration in any case

About her being head of security - Well remember that the Bajorans probably don't care overly much about her fighting cardassians, Ro joined the Bajoran militia not starfleet and thus is not a member of the federation and Colonel Kira Nerys commands DS9 and makes the final decision.

I found it amusing when bajor joins the federation and Ro's ass is dragged back into Starfleet :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenblade View Post
Nah, Destiny is more about the Federation vs. a new Borg invasion, though they do employ the Klingons for help. Though Destiny is the least likely of the post-Nemesis novels to be incorporated into the Path to 2409, due to it's, ah...grandiose nature ;)
I agree here. Destiny and the run up to it is a bit of a mess. I mean - repeated apocalyptic Borg bashings of the Alpha quadrant that makes Wolf 359, First Contact and all the Voyager encounters seem like captain Archer getting beaten up by yet another alien of the week -_-

I suppose they could fit it into a thirty year gap and work from a 'rebuilding' time period kinda like the Star Wars books have done, but the whole Borg jamboree thing has put me off the books :(

I'm waiting for the next New Frontier book. Peter David hasn't disappointed me yet :)
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-05-2008, 05:08 PM
With the prospect of civil war within the Romulan Star Empire, and the breakdown within other Star systems, is it possible that the Borg may attempt to take advantage and wreak havoc within the Alpha Quadrant? I also wonder how Ro Laren will fare as head of security on DS9. Only time will tell...
Lt. Commander
# 26
12-05-2008, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange_One
Schweeeet.....

The first half was just generic flavour but the second half is very interesting

1: Hints at being able to play a HOLOGRAPHIC character!
if they can mass produce by 2409 there's no reason that sentient holographic life can't wander around doing stuff!

2: Seems like interesting times for 2409 if the political climate doesn't change.
relations between all parties seem to be rocky.

3: Thanks for the Ro drop in T_T it shakes up the book based timelines but thanks for the consideration in any case

About her being head of security - Well remember that the Bajorans probably don't care overly much about her fighting cardassians, Ro joined the Bajoran militia not starfleet and thus is not a member of the federation and Colonel Kira Nerys commands DS9 and makes the final decision.

I found it amusing when bajor joins the federation and Ro's ass is dragged back into Starfleet

I agree here. Destiny and the run up to it is a bit of a mess. I mean - repeated apocalyptic Borg bashings of the Alpha quadrant that makes Wolf 359, First Contact and all the Voyager encounters seem like captain Archer getting beaten up by yet another alien of the week -_-

I suppose they could fit it into a thirty year gap and work from a 'rebuilding' time period kinda like the Star Wars books have done, but the whole Borg jamboree thing has put me off the books

I'm waiting for the next New Frontier book. Peter David hasn't disappointed me yet

Well, personally I thought the Destiny novels (only read the first one, but I know the general storyline of all 3) were fairly decent, and their explanation seemed the most plausible to me compared to others on the origins of the Borg, but yeah, it did seem a little bit of a stretch. Not to mention the far reaching effects of the books would really contradict what ST:O seems to be setting up storywise for the universe.
Lt. Commander
# 27
12-05-2008, 05:29 PM
Dang Klingons. Always getting into trouble when times are bad. This is just like when they attacked the Cardassians before the Dominion war.
Lt. Commander
# 28
12-05-2008, 06:21 PM
I would like to point out the time gap between TImeline updates. Nobody has discussed that yet. The average now is about one month between updates. I thought we would get one per WEEK. This would have meant the release would be next fall. Once per month means Star Trek Online will be released in 2010 or 2011!!!

Unless towards the end of production they start released them more frequently.

This update was the best one yet. I like the part about The Doctor.
Lt. Commander
# 29
12-05-2008, 06:47 PM
An unexpected treat! Thanks for this!

I like everything I'm seeing. I'll let those who must do so quibble over the minutiae; myself, I have no problems with what I'm seeing here.

Very entertaining. Thanks again!

KOS
Lt. Commander
# 30
12-05-2008, 06:49 PM
to me its starting to a rift between the feds and kligons*. Also intrested in the story about the romulans.

bravo to you cryptic another great year in story.

btw is it possible to link the stories togather with a < for backward and > for forward. so we dont have to keep going to the main page.
Closed Thread