Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
02-17-2010, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhaise View Post
Oh, and the original motion picture. True story: I have never seen that movie from beginning to end in one sitting, and Ive owned it for over 15 years. I use it for an insomnia cure.
That's what I use Star Wars: The Phantom Menace for. I am invariably asleep by the time they reach Theed.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
02-17-2010, 10:56 AM
I saw McCoy beam onto the ship...once.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
02-17-2010, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhaise View Post
I saw McCoy beam onto the ship...once.
My Mother beamed me up once...Once.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
02-17-2010, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhaise View Post
Oh, and the original motion picture. True story: I have never seen that movie from beginning to end in one sitting, and Ive owned it for over 15 years. I use it for an insomnia cure.

I've used that same movie for that same reason. Not sure why.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
02-17-2010, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhaise View Post
Oh, and the original motion picture. True story: I have never seen that movie from beginning to end in one sitting, and Ive owned it for over 15 years. I use it for an insomnia cure.
I was slipping in and out of consciousness when I saw it...I barely remember the third act, except something about the old Voyager probe developing sentience and the dad from 7th Heaven disappearing with the whacko bald woman. The only good part about that movie was McCoy with the crazy beard and the disco outfit.

Generations was decent. Data probably stole the show with the side effects of his emotion chip, which is kind of unfortunate, considering that Kirk and Picard fight side-by-side. I still can't believe that Kirk was killed off by a freaking bridge...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
02-17-2010, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sural_Argonus
That's what I use Star Wars: The Phantom Menace for. I am invariably asleep by the time they reach Theed.
lolololololololol
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
02-17-2010, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuyvaldar View Post
I was slipping in and out of consciousness when I saw it...I barely remember the third act, except something about the old Voyager probe developing sentience and the dad from 7th Heaven disappearing with the whacko bald woman. The only good part about that movie was McCoy with the crazy beard and the disco outfit.

Generations was decent. Data probably stole the show with the side effects of his emotion chip, which is kind of unfortunate, considering that Kirk and Picard fight side-by-side. I still can't believe that Kirk was killed off by a freaking bridge...
WTF, no spoiler warning? (jk,I couldnt care,Ill never be awake)


#1- Kirks death was crap. If you're going to have a 'legendary captains last hurrah' give him something of meaning, and don't do most of the deed off camera.

#2 Generations and Insurrection both felt like overly long, nonsense filled tv episodes held over, with a few swears and boob jokes thrown in. Anybody complaining about New treks plot holes better not sing the praises of those two flicks.

#3 Data really was the only thing good about generations,but it was also all stuff we had seen before, except swearing. In hindsight, they probably should have held off on giving him any real experience with emotions until that movie, since by that point he's already experienced them a handful of times.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
02-17-2010, 11:32 AM
Best of Both worlds, and one of my favorites. But....

THEY KILLED KIRK OFF!!

The Final Frontier's so lame it's hilarious. Bad plot and reuse of TNG props, but its SO FUNNY! And TMP does put me to sleep... Last fe times I've watched it I've fell aslep.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
02-17-2010, 12:12 PM
"whacko bald woman" ??!


IIRC, she was a "Deltan".. and appearantly, they are quite the catch.. winkwinknudgenudge.

So.. ya.. maybe "whacko" but in a good way, lets hope.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
02-17-2010, 12:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h06WKYFYdlo

You have to watch part 3 at 5 mins in I LMAO everytime!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:22 AM.