Lt. Commander
# 21
02-17-2010, 06:25 PM
My fleet is 8 years old, with experience starting with Star Wars Galaxies.

I hope you find the perfect fleet to meet your needs!
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-17-2010, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDervish
My fleet is 8 years old, with experience starting with Star Wars Galaxies.

I hope you find the perfect fleet to meet your needs!
Dervish, I'm sure your a great guy, and I'm sure your fleet is awesome, but I could never join it. Not in a million years. I, along with Stupid and an unknown number of others, have named ourselves Dervish-Haters. By taking the hated name of Dervish, you have made any meaningful interaction between us impossible.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-17-2010, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gothhillbilly View Post
No, the meeting isn't required. Just a way to share concerns and ideas over live chat out of game. Fleet adm answers questions typed in. If we all talked nothing would get done. All text show up on screen so we can talk to each other.
So how would myself and my cousin go about joining your fleet?
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-18-2010, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sintar07 View Post
Well, you should join the fleet I'm going to start with my cousin on our Klingon characters. The only requirement is that your ship doesn't have a serious name (Mine's the Raging Ivan, his is the Furious Larry).

the name of My ship is the IKS NOM NOM NOM NOM

named after what my 20 month old daughter was saying when I was feeding her a bite of a Reese's and trying to think of a name.

I am a leader, I am not a follower, it's hard to fill a Fleet when you have monkeys who do nothing but sit on the forums and thread bump their recruitment threads. Peoples recruitment threads get burried in 2 seconds beneath every troll post. There is a SEVERE lack of leaders in this game, people think "oh what do you think this is the Army", and that is not the purpose of leadership. When you need leadership, the Fleet "Boss" will tell you real quick whether they have it in them or not. Being a leader doesn't mean making sure people level fast enough or have the right gear, it's making sure people work together well enough that they can earn it themeselves.

Kirk was a leader, he did not second guess himself, if something stood in the way of his mission he knew how to use his resources to accomplish it.

With all these examples of leadership from Star Trek that we all grew up with, why do so many people have trouble grasping leadership. Folks can wear the rank of Captain here, it doesn't mean they have the stroke to be a leader.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-18-2010, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sintar07 View Post
Hmm... I'm already seeing a slight problem here...

On the one hand, I want to be in a more or less casual fleet. I can't ever play on a schedule because of many unpredictable events in RL. And I also like to play with my cousin whenever he happens to be on.

On the other hand, I still want the other players to be somewhat active... and I don't want to be in any fleet with the word 'phaser' in it But all the casual fleets seem to be that way.

Anyway, Gothhillbilly, I'd be very interested in your fleet if the weekly meeting isn't required. But if it is, I can't join.
I'll just throw this out. Section 31-CFR is a casual fleet with players that are both friendly and helpful.
Check out our forums at www.jesterx.com/sto...

Cheers!!!

P.S. there are no Phasers, Fazors, or Phaz0r5 in the title...
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-18-2010, 01:58 PM
My attempt at humor was ignored....early in the thread.

The Ryders are accepting new recruits....we are very casual and laid back. I am not a dictator. One of my biggest rules is REAL LIFE COMES FIRST...PERIOD.

We are small in STO...because I haven't bothered recruiting. Most of our members come form an Ally guild in SWG...MANDA from Starsider. I was holding off on actively recruiting, because the Ryders are basically a casual/social group...and it's hard to get to know people when all you see in Zone Chat is SPam...now with that crap dissipating, I am going to start...but I won't spam. If people want to join the Ryders, they can. I am not going to beg.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-18-2010, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure-American View Post
the name of My ship is the IKS NOM NOM NOM NOM

named after what my 20 month old daughter was saying when I was feeding her a bite of a Reese's and trying to think of a name.

I am a leader, I am not a follower, it's hard to fill a Fleet when you have monkeys who do nothing but sit on the forums and thread bump their recruitment threads. Peoples recruitment threads get burried in 2 seconds beneath every troll post. There is a SEVERE lack of leaders in this game, people think "oh what do you think this is the Army", and that is not the purpose of leadership. When you need leadership, the Fleet "Boss" will tell you real quick whether they have it in them or not. Being a leader doesn't mean making sure people level fast enough or have the right gear, it's making sure people work together well enough that they can earn it themeselves.

Kirk was a leader, he did not second guess himself, if something stood in the way of his mission he knew how to use his resources to accomplish it.

With all these examples of leadership from Star Trek that we all grew up with, why do so many people have trouble grasping leadership. Folks can wear the rank of Captain here, it doesn't mean they have the stroke to be a leader.
Lol, ok, that name's good enough for me. I'll send you a message when I've either got a fleet site set up or enough people to make it in game.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-19-2010, 07:18 AM
I love how this thread went from a serious discussion to a bunch of walmart fleets tring to troll for members.

When anyone can join a nameless fleet thats sole purpose is to fill its ranks so someone can stroke their own ego like a 13 year old padding his friends list on myspace, you devalue being part of a fleet or guild. Being a leader does not mean being a flagpole sitter on the forums or spamming out blind invites in game. I have always said any guild worth joining would not broadcast in zone chat looking for members. At this rate being part of a Fleet is meaningless which is sad because a community needs leaders, because without them it will just wander around aimlessly, which this one is doing.