Lt. Commander
# 1 Shuttlecrafts for purchase
02-17-2010, 03:26 PM
Was in DS9 ready to buy a Danube when I realized that I'd rather have they other type instead. However, the Danube is the only one and costs as much as a galaxy class!!! It takes me some time to get that much energy creds.
I'd like to have a shuttle for RPing. Has anything been mentioned about being able to get other shuttles in the future?

Did they also address the scaling issue because there is no way DS9 or the Danube are that big!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-17-2010, 03:38 PM
Technically, every single one of us should have a multitude of shuttles to choose from, of various types, without having to purchase anything. Support craft of several types are carried by all federation starships, and klingon starships battlecruiser sized and bigger. The Miranda class even has 2 shuttle bays.

A better question is why do we not get to interact with our shuttlecraft, ever? There should be missions that require their use considering just about every federation starship in existence carries at least 2 of them. There should be missions where the transporter isn't usable and requires a shuttle to get to the surface, as happened in the various TV series.

I want to see my shuttle on the surface and be able to walk around it, darnit.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-17-2010, 03:41 PM
We should definitely have some shuttlecrafts on hand but I don't know if starships have ever been said to carry Runabouts.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-17-2010, 03:45 PM
Im fairly conviced that eventually we will be able to walk around most of our ships, including the shuttle bays and such. I believe there was in interview back in November, December time that said as much. I am glad that they included the runabout, I imagine it was kind of a test to see how much we would like them. There will be more.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-17-2010, 03:49 PM
I bought the runabout from DS9 and its bugged atm. All my stats showed up wrong then I got rid of it and everything was back to normal. Just a warning.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-17-2010, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pansapien
We should definitely have some shuttlecrafts on hand but I don't know if starships have ever been said to carry Runabouts.
If not, they do now. Several missions had my away team walking around federation ships and I have seen runabouts in the shuttle bay.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-17-2010, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pansapien
In the first episode of DS9, the Enterprise delivered runabouts to DS9.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-17-2010, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain.Natanel.Anatea
It takes me some time to get that much energy creds.
I'd like to have a shuttle for RPing.
Play PvP... You'll get at least 15000 a game.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-17-2010, 04:15 PM
Check out this awesome MOD for Star Trek Elite Forces. Right around 1:20, we get a cool shuttle bay walk around. Imagine if they get this in the game at some point!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEGbcCTojEE&NR=1