Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 how to get Merits/Honor?
02-17-2010, 11:52 AM
i have more energy credits then i know what to do with but my crew is still mostly ensigns, what's the best way to get more merits to promote them?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-17-2010, 01:01 PM
You probably already have plenty of that.

When you do missions you get skill points and merits and BO skill points. If you go to one of your bridge officers and hit the "Promote" button it shows what you will have to do to get them promoted.

I generally have way more 'merits' than I could possibly need.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-17-2010, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoriz
You probably already have plenty of that.

When you do missions you get skill points and merits and BO skill points. If you go to one of your bridge officers and hit the "Promote" button it shows what you will have to do to get them promoted.

I generally have way more 'merits' than I could possibly need.
yeah the thing is i don't after 2 promotions to lt i'm tapped out
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-17-2010, 02:02 PM
I promoted ALL 4 or 5 BOs as soon as I hit Lt Cmdr and had points to spare to also buy new powers for some of them. Have you purchased a bunch of new powers from the power trainer? or perhaps new BOs to replace existing ones?

The only thing other than just spending too many already is you need to do more episodes. If you're skipping episodes in favor of leveling some other way that could be a problem.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-17-2010, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoriz
I promoted ALL 4 or 5 BOs as soon as I hit Lt Cmdr and had points to spare to also buy new powers for some of them. Have you purchased a bunch of new powers from the power trainer? or perhaps new BOs to replace existing ones?

The only thing other than just spending too many already is you need to do more episodes. If you're skipping episodes in favor of leveling some other way that could be a problem.
ive done every mission i have availble to me by lt cmdr 1 up to the Xantri sector (just entered that area)
and bought only one BO (ferengi tactical)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-17-2010, 02:25 PM
Boff needs to have a certain number of skill point invested in them before you can promote them to the next level. If you have only raise the skills a couple levels, All the merit in the world will not let you promote them further.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-17-2010, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiz33 View Post
Boff needs to have a certain number of skill point invested in them before you can promote them to the next level. If you have only raise the skills a couple levels, All the merit in the world will not let you promote them further.
all of them have level 9 in one ensign skill, that like 400 points, more then enough to promote them all to LT, what i don't have is the merits.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-17-2010, 03:17 PM
When you click Promote which numbers are RED on that screen?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-17-2010, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoriz
When you click Promote which numbers are RED on that screen?
merit points
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
02-17-2010, 03:23 PM
Thats odd. Not sure how you ran out.. I guess do some more missions and try again.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:13 PM.