Lt. Commander
# 1 Bridge officer inflation
02-17-2010, 11:58 AM
I have a full load of bridge officers now, and a full stock on the assignment roster, at Captain 2. I searched the Exchange for a Science BO with a specific trait the other day and there were literally thousands of them already posted and that was excluding the Common ones.

I guess everyone else is showered with BO's every so often as well? Will this cause an issue somewhere down the road? What are we going to do with all these surplus BO's?

I entered the OB a couple of days after it started, but I seem to recall that at first you had to recruit BO's right? And then they implemented them as a gift every odd level or something? I wonder, if this is too much.

And most of them, except a couple I have found, have their traits centered on ground. Why aren't there more space centered traits I wonder? Hmmm, is anyone else a bit baffled by this whole thing? I just can't figure out why they did this.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-17-2010, 01:13 PM
The reason for this, I imagine, is because most people choose their BOs early and train them with the skills they want, and then level up those particular skills. As such, by the time they get extra BOs via mission rewards or level up, they have no use for said extra BOs.

BOs are an investment, since you have to spend skillpoints on them. It seems silly to waste all the skillpoints you spent on your Vulcan Science Officer who's served you faithfully since the attack on Vega and has learned and evolved with you and the rest of your crew by simply tossing him aside when that Bolian jerk comes along and says "hay u guise, i can maek better lyte beems!"
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-17-2010, 01:18 PM
Disregard this post.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-17-2010, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kthang
I have a full load of bridge officers now, and a full stock on the assignment roster, at Captain 2. I searched the Exchange for a Science BO with a specific trait the other day and there were literally thousands of them already posted and that was excluding the Common ones.

I guess everyone else is showered with BO's every so often as well? Will this cause an issue somewhere down the road? What are we going to do with all these surplus BO's?

I entered the OB a couple of days after it started, but I seem to recall that at first you had to recruit BO's right? And then they implemented them as a gift every odd level or something? I wonder, if this is too much.

And most of them, except a couple I have found, have their traits centered on ground. Why aren't there more space centered traits I wonder? Hmmm, is anyone else a bit baffled by this whole thing? I just can't figure out why they did this.

Find some random new player and give them to him/her?:p
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-17-2010, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle-BJ View Post
Find some random new player and give them to him/her?:p
Hehe, actually I already decided to do this