Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Curious to see what ratios others are having.

Maybe folks could answer what bracket they are in, what times they're usually ground-pvping and what they would guess the win/loss rate at?

---------------
I'm Rank4 (Captain). I play in the late morning, early afternoon. You wouldnt believe my W/L ratio in ground pvp if I told ya. Lets say its not looking good for the federation....
---------------

So whats every one elses like?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-17-2010, 12:10 PM
SInce i have been admiral i havent been able to get into a ground game (yes as Klingon) so i couldn't really say.

All previous brackets i would say it was in the klingons favour if the battle was started with even teams. The only times i ever remember losing badly was when we only had a couple of players all other fights were well fought.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-17-2010, 12:33 PM
I cant even remember the last time my fleet's premade lost. We regularly go 3 or 4v5 feds and still steamroll them 40-5. An entertaining game where feds actually put up a fight will be 40-15 or 40-20.

I can recall a game about 2 weeks ago when we started getting reckless/sloppy and the feds actually overtook our score in the high 20's, so we had to hunker down and go back to basics and ended up beating them.

I wish there was some option to fight against another well organized group because turkey shoots and killing kamikazes does get old after awhile.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-17-2010, 01:27 PM
I'm with Digglez. Can't remember the last ground PvP match I lost as Klingon. It seems like all the good Fed ground teams quit, got left in the dust or advanced a rank ahead of me. All I know is they're gone. I think that the "expose 10 second stun" and the queue problems tend to make most long term PvPers either quit the game or at least quit ground combat.

You know it's bad when I swap out a gun and start using a bat'leth just to try and make it more sporting.

You know it's really bad when I swap out the bat'leth and start fighting bare fisted because the bat'leth still isn't very sporting.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-17-2010, 02:10 PM
There's really not much skill involved in winning ground PvP.

I say this not to insult those who know how to play, and play well, but I say this as it's divided into two camps:

Those who know how to abuse holds/exposes, and those who don't or choose not to use them abusively.

Maybe I'm an idiot for being in the latter camp, but I can't stand to be on the side getting held every exchange, or the one doing it. I refuse to do it. Just like I refuse to stack multiple RSPs in space.

It doesn't always fall this way, but I've run into too many instances of abuse. I go for days w/o playing ground PvP now, cause it's so prone to this behavior.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-17-2010, 02:15 PM
Consider that I cannot be arsed to put any points into ground combat and my tier 5 char still is using Mk II gear, I get wasted, but then that is not surprising.

I think that most people who actually want to do ground combat will skill themselves up for it, spend the medals on the gear and know what they are doing. Everybody else is simply cannon fodder. So don't be surprised if you waste everybody else who simply wants to die 25 times with the occasional group that actually has spent time getting a good pvp build together and can challenge you.

P.S. We can thank the skill point cap for this problem.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-17-2010, 02:21 PM
Hard to tell at cmndr. Generally its 5 v 1 due to the broken queue. Most times people just beam out when they get killed 5 or 6 times in a row with no chance whatsoever of survival. I beam out also, if I have 5 feds chasing me round the map with no hope of fighting back. Which makes ground pvp pointless tbh.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-17-2010, 02:25 PM
Iv done ground pvp ones

no plans of doing it again
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-17-2010, 02:34 PM
I've been ground PvPing as a fed since T1 and sadly I have to say that feds lose almost every match. Seemed to be closer in T2, but in T3 it has been just dreadful.
Lt. Commander
# 10 the badest setup ever
02-17-2010, 02:41 PM
i think i know why the klings roll in ground pvp...especially if they are orgonized...that bigg ol sword thingy.

roll a guy in a teactical suit with lunge legsweep and stealh, and the rest with ranged weapons and you jsut cause straight havoc...\

ive been on the recieving end of this many times with my fed, but being on the klingon side for this is really really fun...hard to defend against