Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
when im up against lvl +39 ships?

this is new, im lvling my alt now so what explanation do you have for breaking the mission? how can you justify having lvl 39 ships in a lvl 4 mission? ive bug reported it but ive got a horrible feeling you've broken the mission so admirals can go in and play, i really hope thats not the case because thats beyond stupid, if you want to give admirals something to do then don't put it in the sirius sector block, thats the noob zone
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-17-2010, 02:44 PM
Whoa. I've never seen that before. x_x
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-17-2010, 02:48 PM
you warp in, get shot twice and blow up, respawn, shot twce, blow up.

eveyones geting wiped out in seconds
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-17-2010, 02:55 PM
...... /chuckle
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-17-2010, 02:55 PM
I think i've just confirmed that this is working as intended and not a bug

im in a lvl 4 mission in my tier 5 star cruiser.

Devs, i quit, i tried my best but this is the last straw, you have no plans or ideas on what to do with the game and you've just destroyed the game for all new players.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-17-2010, 07:41 PM
Lol, I was in a sector defense mission once (not sure if it was Sirius or Regulus) with a bunch of +12 lvl fleets and a couple of +24 Cruisers. Whether it's a bug or intended it doesn't happen often, so just chill, take a deep breath, change to a different instance and continue playing. It's annoying but hardly worth raging over.

It's not like there's a death penalty anyway, the only thing you've lost is the time it took to die and respawn.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-17-2010, 08:15 PM
Theres only so many times a person can take a deep breath and chill, it starts with a face palm and escalateds to /ragequit

its beyond a joke, i found alot of instances had +39 klingon battleships spawn camping
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-17-2010, 08:35 PM
From what I understand, the spawn levels adjust to the highest level character in the instance, but then never re-adjust back down when said player leaves. All it takes is one Admiral tapping the lowbie Enemy Sensor Contacts to muck up the sector.

If I were you, I'd consider just ignoring the "Defend" missions - there's plenty more ways to level up and loot up. Heck, I haven't done one of those since beta.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-17-2010, 08:41 PM
There were a few sector blocks during Beta that seemed to have a few DSE's that were out of whack. Obviously, whatever caused that to happen has slipped back in. It doesn't mean that its working as intended. You may well have been the first person to even post a ticket on it... and given that they are behind on tickets right now, it may take a while to get fixed.. OR.. it could be a known issue (did you search the tickets to see?) and possibly getting fixed in tonight's patch.

If you don't have the patience to deal with bugs in a freshly launched game, you may want to try one that's been around for a while, either that or wait a few months and come back to STO, as you're bound to run into a few bugs this early on.. its the nature of the business... either roll with the punches, or just roll.. no need to stop and pitch a fit.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-17-2010, 09:30 PM
The only time I have bumped into such high level opposition was when in Sector space I was pulled into the mission, so was not actually on the defend sector misson. Both times the enemy was +39 and I did not last long. It was frustrating the first time, but the second time I just waited to respawn out or range of enemy fell to escape back to sector space which unlike the first time I only got owned by the enemy once before that happened
Closed Thread