Lt. Commander
# 1 Character Slots
02-17-2010, 02:07 PM
Greetings! Trying to find out when and how I get another characer slot. I am Lt. Commander rank 4. I have a Tactical Officer slot, a Science officer slot, and I purchased a Klingon Slot. Will I get a fourth slot so I can do an Engineer Officer? Or do i need to delete the Klingon? Was not too impressed with the Klingon content... it does not seem very well fleshed out at this time.

Did I waste my third slot buying a klingon? Or will I eventually be able to add a fourth character? If so, when?

Sure would have been nice to have some kind of manual that came with the game that explained some things?

Thanks!

Darkoath
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-17-2010, 02:30 PM
You start the game with two character slots, and unlock the third when your first character reaches Lt. 6 (the same time you unlock Klingons). At this time, there's no way to get additional slots, though there's a good chance you'll be able to purchase more in the c-store at some point in the future.

I'm not sure what you mean buy "purchasing" a Klingon slot. You can use your character slots for whatever kind of character you want; there's no cost involved. If you've used all your slots and want to start a new character, you'll have to delete one of your existing characters.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-17-2010, 02:56 PM
The Klingons are getting a pretty big patch comingg up soon with new ships, PvE etc. I use one slot for Federation, one for Klingon and keep another spare so I can mess around with character creation if I want to.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-17-2010, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashrod
The Klingons are getting a pretty big patch comingg up soon with new ships, PvE etc. I use one slot for Federation, one for Klingon and keep another spare so I can mess around with character creation if I want to.
I wouldn't close the book on Klingons until after the patch coming within the next few weeks. They reportedly been working on some new content for them. Then again if you (like me) just don't like playing klingon then it won't matter to you .
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-17-2010, 03:02 PM
Klingons primary leveling path is PVP . There will be a patch later to add more PVE options for leveling but I beleive the main focus on klingons will still be PVP.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-17-2010, 03:07 PM
The patch will come with a PvE star cluster if I remember rightly.