Captain
# 131
09-02-2014, 12:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by random FBP max partigen guy who thinks he's the best number 37832086382 View Post
Meanwhile, today, I landed the following hit:

[Combat (Self)] Your Feedback Pulse II deals 79023 (170618) FeedbackPulse(Critical) to Motak Tubun.

And scored the following triple kill:

[Combat (Self)] Your Feedback Pulse II deals 67953 (73811) FeedbackPulse(Critical) to Minimax.
[Combat (Self)] Your Feedback Pulse II deals 52819 (90888) FeedbackPulse(Critical) to Terentus.
[Combat (Self)] Your Feedback Pulse II deals 25315 (41213) FeedbackPulse(Critical) to Mr Happy 2.

/brag brag brag
Nothing to be proud of... Yet I like you as 2/3 of the hits are against HOBOs.

Giovanni - Hax - Contortrix Class -CSI- ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
T'Lan - I.R.W. Haxey - Faeht Class -CSI- ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Giova's Tall Tellarite Sci - U.S.S. Axanar - Vesta class -Lag Ind.( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Commander
# 132
09-02-2014, 07:08 AM
Multi-kills are always something to be proud of.

Not to mention kills with my other dmg reflect powers... in fact, I think I'll brag about those now:

[Combat (Self)] Your Haywire deals 65094 (110581) Disruptor Damage to Neepa.

[Combat (Self)] Your Crystalline Refraction - Anti Proton deals 114410 (130546) Antiproton Damage to Rita Hayworth.

Huehuehuehue. FBP2, Haywire, Nanoprobe Feedback and Nukara shield, all on one ship :p
I AM WAR.

Last edited by heckgoblin; 09-02-2014 at 07:12 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 133
09-02-2014, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heckgoblin View Post
Multi-kills are always something to be proud of.

Not to mention kills with my other dmg reflect powers... in fact, I think I'll brag about those now:

[Combat (Self)] Your Haywire deals 65094 (110581) Disruptor Damage to Neepa.

[Combat (Self)] Your Crystalline Refraction - Anti Proton deals 114410 (130546) Antiproton Damage to Rita Hayworth.

Huehuehuehue. FBP2, Haywire, Nanoprobe Feedback and Nukara shield, all on one ship :p

Crystalline Refraction still need to be nerfed in my opinion - not all of it of course.

Sometimes the dmg numbers are much to high or pure random.
And there are still so many **** around who using them without having them equipped. But thats not their fault...

I remember a Refraction hit me 83k noncrit - after a single, unbuffed beambank shot from me.

Shak - Fed/Rom - Sad Pandas Scort-Veteran - Known Haxxor
Shak'Re - KDF - Soehne von Khaless (Svk)
T'Shara - Fed/Rom - 58. Geschwader
Career Officer
# 134
09-02-2014, 07:24 AM
I still don't believe any sort of reflection should be able to have more raw damage than whatever the incoming raw damage was. Perhaps some scaling of particle gens gave you a percentage of the incoming raw that was maxed at 100% of that incoming. Then allow for resistances to play their usual role in determining what happens with that raw damage.

-32nd Vipers- PvP Team (before PvP was finally killed by DR)
Star Trek Online: Argala Rising
Commander
# 135
09-02-2014, 07:37 AM
Crystalline refraction only has 1% chance of occurring, so it's quite reasonable for it to reflect a buttload of damage if the incoming hit is big enough - usually the effect is consumed on piddly tiny hits.

Solanae shield has a far more likely-to-occur proc, but doesn't reflect nearly as much damage on big inbound hits as the Nukara shield. It's a choice - reliable but low-and-steady damage reflection, or the rare one-in-a-million retaliatory overkill.

(And if dmg reflection couldn't return more damage than was incoming... what would be the point of even using it?)
I AM WAR.
Empire Veteran
# 136
09-02-2014, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by giotariz View Post
JHAS... With... Ugh... FBP.. Uhh...why...Agh... *falls to the floor, his face covered in blood*
Because it's fun. And clearly, it's very nice as a counter to nooby vapers. It's a time saver, if someone can't deal with the FBP, then they die by it. If they can, then we have a nice fight A second shield heal was redudant with the build, so i ditched sci team in favor of FBP and a lower hazard emitter.
Captain
# 137
09-05-2014, 10:33 PM
Before going further, Crystalline Refraction is bugged as all hell. Not the proc itself, but the fact that people have the bonus without even having the shields equipped.

Having said that, and it doesn't have anything to do with this thread which is FBP, I regret to inform you all that come October, it will get much much worse.