Lt. Commander
# 11
02-18-2010, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raximillian
3 queues is fine, but once you accept one, you should be dropped from the other queues. However, a button for random PVP that joins the first available match also sounds pretty good.

No, not dropped.
Auto-requeued, at the bottom of the pile.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-18-2010, 01:09 PM
There are so many issues with PvP I can only hope they fix most of them in the 45 day patch. The bigest one is how pointless it is, how little dying matters, spawning, its a poor version of quake death matching, the maps, the teams etc etc.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-18-2010, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael102 View Post
The bigest one is how pointless it is, how little dying matters, spawning, its a poor version of quake death matching, the maps, the teams etc etc.
I think that you are indicating the need for a death penalty. I have to disagree with this. I think the competitive aspect of PvP eliminates the need for a DP. I already hate dying, and I especially hate losing. If I had the insult of a DP added to that... well, I would quit PvP'ing. It would be like If, after losing a football game, my coach had come back and said "well guys, you lost the game tonight, and I know that sucks, but now we are going to have to break you knee caps..." I think getting experience, even when you lose, is absolutely appropriate. Just because you fail, doesn't mean you can't learn from it.

I would be in favor of reducing (not eliminating) the benefits of PvP'ing when you lose. What might be an interesting alternative would be to add a permanent record so that when people read your Info they see how many matches you have won/lost and your kill:death ratio. Of course, only after the team balancing issues are fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-18-2010, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blorgorc
No, not dropped.
Auto-requeued, at the bottom of the pile.
This is a good idea! This got me thinking, why are we even re-queuing? It would be nice if we could just check a box to stay queued. When we leave the instance we where just in, we could be added to the back of the queue.