Lt. Commander
# 1 Regarding Wal Mart Preorders
02-06-2010, 05:31 PM
Donno if anyone else tried this, but I called the Wal Mart customer service center, and according to them to them I'm going to be emailed my preorder code on the 9th. Which seemed weird to me until I noticed on my order form that the had a projected arrival for my game as any time between 11 Jan to 8 Feb. Which makes sense because then they know I'll be able to use it. Even if it is a week late.

I figured I'd throw this info out there so you guys can check on your own (by looking at your order form) or calling them yourself. I only had a 10 minute wait today. Though if you call, this info was in the 'comments' for my order. Hopefully this helps.

Edit: I know I just spammed a few other threads, but that was faster then typing this into all the others. Sorry!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-07-2010, 03:18 PM
There were no comments on my e-mail from Wal-Mart. It took almost a week to get the actual game (it arrived on Friday), and I still have not received my 500 Skill Points bunus, which was the enire reason I bought the thing in the first place.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-07-2010, 04:22 PM
they mailed the preorder codes out in jan i dont think they will email anyone anything on the 9th, but we will see i guess, I got mine in the mail in jan added it to the account, and the retail code a few days ago when it showed up but no preorder bonus... so even if you do get it dont expect i to work... noone at cryptic has seen fit to respond to my thread about it or the email or ticket i sent in either....
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-08-2010, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collision View Post
There were no comments on my e-mail from Wal-Mart. It took almost a week to get the actual game (it arrived on Friday), and I still have not received my 500 Skill Points bonus, which was the enire reason I bought the thing in the first place.
The only email I got where saying it shipped, not about the preorder. I actually called Wal Mart and spoke with a CS rep. And according to them , it should be in tomorrow. If, not, then I'm making another call and asking for a refund.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-10-2010, 08:42 AM
Well, an update for everyone: Code came in last night. So which ever email you used for Walmart.com, go check it. If it ain't there, give em call, they seem to be will to own up to their mistake. Email body :

Quote:
Dear XXXX,

Thank you for ordering Star Trek Online, with Walmart's exclusive bonus of 500 skill points.

Due to an error, the code to unlock your skill points was not sent with the game. To receive your bonus, please visit the game site at http://www.startrekonline.com/activate and enter the following key:

============================================

Order Bonus key

xxxxx xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx

---------------------------------------------------------

============================================

We apologize for any inconvenience this delay may have caused and thank you for your understanding.

If you have any questions, please reply to this email and let us know how we can help.

Sincerely,

Your Walmart.com Customer Service Team

http://www.walmart.com
Lt. Commander
# 6 Horrible Customer Service!!!
02-17-2010, 01:25 PM
I finally got mine from an email from Wal-mart, but I'm really irrked because I submitted a billing support ticket like I was told in another post, and still have not recieved a reply. Thanks Cryptic!
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-17-2010, 01:30 PM
I finally got mine in an email too.

I heard if you bought CE from walmart you won't get the bonus... but that doesn't make sense to me.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-17-2010, 04:56 PM
And if you happen to have any Support Tickets open with this, be sure to CLOSE THEM, so that real issues can be worked on...
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-17-2010, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Wal Mart
Your first problem.