Lt. Commander
# 11
02-24-2010, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold-Rush View Post
Politics is never simple and neither is religion, yet most people want to boil these down into simplistic things like, "Are you in my camp or 'their' camp?!"

Even knitting has a measure of patience and complexity that can rival many things.
Religion can be very complex. Do we go with Haruhi or The Emperor?

But politics is easy. I just wanna burn stuff down.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-24-2010, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post

There is a simple solution to this conundrum: Haruhi is the Empress.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-24-2010, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post

I'll stick with the Church of Argonia. The whole congregation consists of me. Tithing is a little light...but oh well.

My religious and political views are the same. Kill them all...Let their respective deities sort them out.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-24-2010, 11:26 AM
In a prior letter, I identified a set of ideological premises as superordinate constructions that maintain the rhetorical context in which Star Trek Online is able to engulf the world in a dense miasma of terrorism. I will now elaborate on three of its most scummy premises:

1. It holds a universal license that allows it to make our lives an endless treadmill of government interferences while providing few real benefits to our health and happiness.
2. Its bunco games are Holy Writ.
3. Divine ichor flows through its veins.

So let's begin, quite properly, with a brief look at the historical development of the problem, of its attempted solutions, and of the eternal argument about it. It's precisely because Star Trek Online is capable of a large array of negative feelings that by forcing me to contract leprosy and be forced to live out my benighted days shunned by humanity, ringing a bell, and shying away from sharps and open flames, Star Trek Online has erected a monument to faddism. Only it does not seem proper to say that such a thing has been "created". "Excreted", "belched", "spewed", and "spat out" are expressions more appropriate to the object here described. You see, what we're seeing is a domino effect of events that started with Star Trek Online stating that pudibund pettifoggers should be fêted at wine-and-cheese fund-raisers. That prevarication incited its cronies to cheat on taxes. Irrational, morally questionable delinquents reacted, in turn, by challenging all I stand for. The next domino to fall, not surprisingly, was a widespread increase in sectarianism, and that's the event that galvanized me to tell everyone that Star Trek Online, like many other hideous enemies of the people, has joined in with the chorus of furies who have been tearing away at the remains of rationality since the dawn of Derrida. But it goes further than that; it is pointless to fret about the damage already caused by Star Trek Online's intemperate protests. The past cannot be changed. We must cope with the present if we hope to affect our future and call your attention to the problem of unsympathetic slackers.

Star Trek Online has become a patsy to its own malevolence. That much is crystal clear. But did you know that Star Trek Online's whinges are dangerous to the health of a democracy? That's why I'm telling you that Star Trek Online and its thralls are petty dopeheads. This is not set down in complaint against them, but merely as analysis.

Star Trek Online once tried to produce precisely the alienation and conflict needed to set the hoops through which we all must jump. If you consider this an exception to the rule then you certainly don't understand how Star Trek Online operates. I hope, however, that you at least understand that I once tried to explain to it that its stances will eliminate the plebiscitary mechanisms which ensure a free and democratic society. Rather than feel ashamed of itself, Star Trek Online got angry at me. What this says is that Star Trek Online's calumnies are based on hate. Hate, solipsism, and an intolerance of another viewpoint, another way of life.

Anyone with an IQ two points higher than a wet sponge's knows that Star Trek Online wants a central organization for its international world swindle, endowed with its own sovereign rights and removed from the intervention of other countries—a haven for raffish used-car salesmen and a university for budding witless wheeler-dealers. But, even so, the virus of ruffianism took control of our country's political life long ago. Now, thanks to Star Trek Online's zingers, that virus will continue to spread until no one can recall that Star Trek Online indisputably dropped a clanger by admitting that it should try being a little more open-minded. That should serve as the final, ultimate, irrefutable proof that the humorless and judgmental nature of Star Trek Online's sophistries should indicate to us that something needs to be done. Let me rephrase that: Now that I've been exposed to Star Trek Online's hijinks I must admit that I don't completely understand them. Perhaps I need to get out more. Or perhaps Star Trek Online's brinkmanship and tin-rattling is aimed at prodding the government into sanctioning its attempts to hasten society's quiescence to moral pluralism and epistemological uncertainty. Alas, I usually get a lot of blank stares from people when I say something like that. What I mean is that I have a score to settle with Star Trek Online. But what, you may ask, does any of that have to do with the theme of this letter, viz., that negligent ideas are continually escaping the confines of its (obviously very weak) mind? I apologize if this disappoints you, but my intent was only to elucidate the question, not to answer it. I shall therefore state only that when a friend wants to drive inebriated, you try to stop him. Well, Star Trek Online is drunk with power, which is why we must bring it down a peg.

If Star Trek Online doesn't like it here, then perhaps it should go elsewhere. To parody the old song, "Fish gotta swim, Star Trek Online gotta create a one-world government, stripped of nationalistic and regional boundaries, that is obedient to its agenda." After being called a childish spouter a hundred times or so by Star Trek Online and its drones, I have reached the conclusion that once people obtain the critical skills that enable them to think and reflect and speculate independently, they'll realize that Star Trek Online is still going around insisting that anyone who disagrees with it is a potential terrorist. Jeez, I thought I had made it perfectly clear to it that we can't stop it overnight. It takes time, patience and experience to investigate the development of paternalism as a concept. To end this letter, I would like to make a bet with Star Trek Online. I will gladly give Star Trek Online a day's salary if it can prove that its declamations are good for the environment, human rights, and baby seals, as it insists. If Star Trek Online is unable to prove that, then its end of the bargain is to step aside while I speak out against the most grotesque survivalists you'll ever see. So, do we have a bet, Star Trek Online?

Hmm? You want a tl;dr version?
Well you get Chat.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-24-2010, 11:38 AM
I think Chat needs to get their torpedoes off *wink* *wink*. WTFWALLOFTEXTBATMAN but was amusing

I like the game, casual player, leveling slower trying to learn all that I can about the weapons, and crap.

oh and do your surveys people....free 240 C Store credits
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-24-2010, 12:04 PM
Chat really gotta stop using the complaint generator.
So very addictive.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-24-2010, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat
Chat really gotta stop using the complaint generator.
So very addictive.
I am inclined to agree with you here.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-24-2010, 01:18 PM
i like it, i like it a lot but needs work and its too short at the moment, but the story missions are cool but need more diplomacy
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-24-2010, 01:19 PM
Loving it too much.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-24-2010, 01:24 PM
The complaint generator steals too much of my material.

Only room for one of us...

Or maybe I will evolve.

Actually..., looking at it again, I think I do offer more variety and good sensedness (I just made that word up!) over such an obvious tool.

So...maybe I shouldn't be worried. :p