Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Hello, I am an ENG currently flying around in a Vor'cha. I find it very nice. I do however have some concerns regarding my Bridge Officers' skills.

Currently in my Vor'cha I run: All Phaser beams.

ENG Cmd: Em. pwr to Shields, RSP I, Extend Shields II, Aceton field(will be switched to ES3 later)
ENG Lt: Engineering team I, RSP I
TAC Lt: Beam Overload I, Attack Pattern Beta I
SCI Lt: Science Team I, Polarized Hull.

What I now am wondering is how I'd best set up my BO's both for the Vor'cha and my future Negh'var. How many RSP do I need, ES, shall I go with emergency power to weapons as well as to shields, do I want one or two Engineering teams.

My biggest question however is; How exactly shall I set up my SCI Lt.? I currenly have one with Hazard Emitters I+II, one with Science team I and Polarized Hull, and one with Science team I and Hazard Emitters.

To answer this you should probably know I will be flying with All beams(have cannons and quantums maxed too though), and being a kind of dps/heal/tank hybrid.

Having 2 Emergency power to shields allows me to have 105w/90s or more with EPS running. Having an emergiency power to weapons as well would allow me to stay at 120/100 for most of the fight.

I know it completely depends on who you play with, so assume I play with a decent pre-made team.

Thank you for your time.
Best regards,
Nick.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-18-2010, 04:28 PM
Shameless bump.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-18-2010, 05:25 PM
My thoughts on your BOff layout..

Ditch science team 1 and get hazard emitters and change Polarise hull for for science team 2 and swap attack pattern beta for target subsystem shields.
You could get feedback pulse instead of either science skills if you wanted to also.

The rest looks fine
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-18-2010, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekkameron View Post

Ditch science team 1 and get hazard emitters and change Polarise hull for for science team 2 and swap attack pattern beta for target subsystem shields.
You could get feedback pulse instead of either science skills if you wanted to also.

The rest looks fine
But isn't a feedback pulse 1 without many of the skills quite useless? I don't see how much damage it returns. I know a fully maxxed FBP3 is insane.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-18-2010, 05:30 PM
You seem to know what you are doing. I suggest that you keep experimenting since only you can determine what BO skills are best for the way you play. Since you are in a premade most of the time, that is excellent, since good teamwork allows for a richer gaming experience.

I think most people are still experimenting as you are. I welcome their thoughts on this as as well.

edit*** Woof, a few people already answered before I hit submit.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-18-2010, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNuby View Post
But isn't a feedback pulse 1 without many of the skills quite useless? I don't see how much damage it returns. I know a fully maxxed FBP3 is insane.
True enough. but remember a FBP1 still fires damage directly to the hull of the ship that is firing at you, even when not maxed in capabilities it will still often make the enemy cease fire on you so kinda works a bit like another RSP in effect.

Also i mentioned getting hazard emitters. this is an awesome skill as it allows you to heal not only yourself but others and buffs them.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-18-2010, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekkameron View Post

The rest looks fine

That all sounds good and I've had it recommended to me as well.

I myself would keep ST2 and not go for FBPulse since ST2 is a decent heal and resist (self and other) and you can also counter VM with it (self and other). I think you get more mileage out of it. But that's just me. Some players will attack until they see what your FBP is actually doing to their hull before deciding whether to break off or not.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-18-2010, 05:42 PM
Is it worth dropping my second Extend Shields for a lvl 3 Eng. team, or shall I just keep them at one?

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Lloyd
That all sounds good and I've had it recommended to me as well.

I myself would keep ST2 and not go for FBPulse since ST2 is a decent heal and resist and you can also counter VM with it (self and other). But that's just me. Some players will attack until they see what your FBP is actually doing to their hull before deciding whether to break off or not.
What about Sci Team 1 and feedback pulse, or do you feel that the Hazard Emitters are so good they aren't worth dropping?

I'mma go test this now. Thanks for all the answers so far.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-18-2010, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNuby View Post
Is it worth dropping my second Extend Shields for a lvl 3 Eng. team, or shall I just keep them at one?

EDIT:

What about Sci Team 1 and feedback pulse, or do you feel that the Hazard Emitters are so good they aren't worth dropping?
I don't know if anyone knows exactly how ST1 will do against VM III, should your opponents use it.

As for the rest, I would say just have an extra BO or two fitted with some of the other stuff and just see what works best for you.

Dekkameron pretty much offered the best out there so I really can't add to that advice except, "see what works best for you." Don't forget that you can always switch BO when you are out of combat should you see that a different BO would do better in a given match. I lean towards Hazzard Emitters as well.

You probably carry two spare torps just in case you need to add one or two if needed.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-18-2010, 07:36 PM
If you are keeping all beams, I would definitely not switch out Attack Pattern Beta. Keep it- its a boon to you and your team.

Hazard Emitters 1 and ST 2 are a good setup.

As for switching extend shields for a second engineer team- if you run ST and ET, a third team may run you into some team cooldown issues. Extend Shields is a great power for a cruiser-esque ship in a coordinated group. You could argue that its more useful to other ships than ET thanks to how good of a shield heal it is. Though, it is interrupt able.

Alternatively, you could switch that ES for a higher level ET, and replace the low level ET with EMPtWEAPONS, to combo with Beam Overload (instead of using a battery to recover).