Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-18-2010, 09:11 PM
the question is why are you using phasers and beams? klingon battle cruisers turn well enough and can use canons with 180 arcs. Cannons have higher dps, use less power and are ALL affected by rapid fire.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-19-2010, 03:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digglez
the question is why are you using phasers and beams? klingon battle cruisers turn well enough and can use canons with 180 arcs. Cannons have higher dps, use less power and are ALL affected by rapid fire.
Well, if he's using 7 beams (somehow), and he's the only one on his team using them, and he uses Attack pattern Beta instead of Rapid Fire, he's more useful to his team as a whole than just trying to max his own DPS with cannons and Rapid Fire.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-19-2010, 05:30 AM
I am currently a Cmdr. 5 Tactical , with a K'T'inga battlecruiser, that is an all beam set-up. My boff power setup is pretty close to the OP. What vendor sells Tetryon Beam based weaponry? I am using Disruptors at the moment, with one Phaser Beam Arrary for the Beam Overload.

Engineering consoles are +% energy and kinetic damage resists, Tactical are + damage disruptors, Science console + emitter/deflector.

Engineering
Ensign - Engineering Team I
Lt.Cmdr. - Emergency Power: Shields, Reverse Shield Polarity, Emergency Power: Weapons

Tactical
Lt. - Beam Overload I , Target Subsytem: Shields II

Science
Lt. - Science Team I, Tykens Rift

I have plenty of other boffs I can use to switch out the skills, espcially my science officers for various counters, depending on the situation. I will be getting Attack Pattern: Beta on another Tactical Boff, to test it out on my current build.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-19-2010, 07:14 AM
Phasers are the most underrated weapons in the game. It gives you the ability to shut down subsystems without having to use a BO skill. They are just as powerful (imho) as the higher tier weapons and the cost for maximizing them is low. No, they aren't pretty and blue or purple, but they work.

As for the beams vs cannons thing...I will tell you, I, as a BoP captain am much more afraid of beam loads than cannon loads. My turn rate and speed boosts can keep cannons off of me, but beams, well...they are just plain nasty.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-19-2010, 11:21 AM
Disruptors are good too, especially with Turrets and Cannons - the 10% damage debuff procs often and is useful in countering the heavy resistance that ships can stack, especially at higher level.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-19-2010, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedrin
Disruptors are good too, especially with Turrets and Cannons - the 10% damage debuff procs often and is useful in countering the heavy resistance that ships can stack, especially at higher level.
Think phaser procs with C:RF on 6 turrets on a Vor'Cha
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-19-2010, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunatec View Post
Phasers are the most underrated weapons in the game. It gives you the ability to shut down subsystems without having to use a BO skill. They are just as powerful (imho) as the higher tier weapons and the cost for maximizing them is low. No, they aren't pretty and blue or purple, but they work.

As for the beams vs cannons thing...I will tell you, I, as a BoP captain am much more afraid of beam loads than cannon loads. My turn rate and speed boosts can keep cannons off of me, but beams, well...they are just plain nasty.
Not to mention that Galaxy that swings its side to you with a full beam load.. Drops my frontal shield (L VIII Covariant, cant remember hp) completely before I have time to punch through his shields

Only reason I carry a FBP II, could fit a FBP III, but thats a bit cheap
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-19-2010, 03:46 PM
As I am getting closer to T5 I am starting to ponder: Why is it I see so much on this forum about the Carrier, and almost nothing about the Negh'var? I have no idea what the actual carrier-neghvar pilot ratio is, so I figured I'd ask it here:

What are the pros of the Negh'var, and can they be useless in any (current) T5 premade PvPs?
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-19-2010, 04:02 PM
The Cruiser is an extremely powerful vessel, very versatile and very hard to take down. The Carrier is very visible - people notice the swarm of fighters and drones and the enormous hull of the Carrier and focus on it, while the Cruiser can easily skip under the radar and end up doing as much if not more damage and healing than a Carrier.

A good Carrier is as much needed as a good Cruiser.