Lt. Commander
Hey... Weren't the Hirogen all the way in the Delta Quadrant!? How did they get allllllll the way to the Alpha Quadrant?!

For that matter there is a cluster named the Kazan Cluster... Aren't the Kazan in the delta Q also?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-17-2010, 06:32 PM
I imagine the quest text explains it, though I don't know personally, having not gotten there yet.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-17-2010, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.MarkusKarter View Post
Hey... Weren't the Hirogen all the way in the Delta Quadrant!? How did they get allllllll the way to the Alpha Quadrant?!

For that matter there is a cluster named the Kazan Cluster... Aren't the Kazan in the delta Q also?
Kazan I don't think is the same as the Kazon... but I haven't gotten there yet.

As for the Hirogen?

Either run or get a really big gun. The Hunters are in da house!

It was indicated that their technology in some areas surpasses Federation levels... maybe they just nomadically gradually migrated here.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-17-2010, 06:35 PM
wasnt the hirogen network relay spread across the delta and beta quadrants? the hirogens in the alpha quadrant could be the ones from the beta quadrant
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-17-2010, 06:37 PM
They could have used the same transwarp conduits Voyager did to get home?

Also, the Romulans have those Iconian gateways they're meddling with.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-17-2010, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime
They could have used the same transwarp conduits Voyager did to get home?

Also, the Romulans have those Iconian gateways they're meddling with.
The transwarp conduits were destroyed by Voyager to stop the borg.

In regards to the Hirogen its maybe a little fun over canon but hey, its been 30 years since that time. Anything could have happened.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-17-2010, 06:41 PM
everyone has to relise that it would of been impossible for voyager to get from the delta quadrant to the alpha quadrant without going through the beta quadrant, pretty sure they were either in or on the border of the beta quadrant when the show ended, its perfectly reasonable to assume the hirogens occupied the delta and beta quadrants
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-17-2010, 06:45 PM
The relay network the Hirogen claimed and used to keep in communication spanned slightly into the Beta Quadrant- so much so that it was able to reach a Federation ship in deep space, arguably on the far side of Romulan space (which is problematic but... another topic).

If you assume the Hirogen tried to stay within range of the relays then it makes sense they would bump into the Romulans before too long. They meet, strike up a deal, and more and more Hirogen start making their way down.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-17-2010, 06:46 PM
Nothing else to add other than I like this thread. Perfectly civil geeky discussion. This is what this forum should be used for.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-17-2010, 06:46 PM
They could have <insert random long-distance traveling phenomenon> to get here. Mystery solved.