Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
02-17-2010, 10:00 PM
Do the quests. How the hirogen got to the alpha quadrant is explained.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-17-2010, 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by openair View Post
Do the quests. How the hirogen got to the alpha quadrant is explained.

Gee care to elaborate... I mean that added so much to our discussion... Arg...
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-17-2010, 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.MarkusKarter View Post
Hey... Weren't the Hirogen all the way in the Delta Quadrant!? How did they get allllllll the way to the Alpha Quadrant?!

For that matter there is a cluster named the Kazan Cluster... Aren't the Kazan in the delta Q also?

http://www.startrekonline.com/2391.1
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-20-2010, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.MarkusKarter View Post
Gee care to elaborate... I mean that added so much to our discussion... Arg...
I didn't want to spoil it for those who want to see the story for themselves. You might not care about spoilers, but im sure others do.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-20-2010, 12:51 PM
When in doubt, blame Q.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-20-2010, 12:57 PM
The Hirogen network went almost to the edge of the Alpha Quadrant (message in a bottle). This was very close to Romulan space as well.

It seems logical that once the Hirogen learn more about what else is out there, the existence of Federation, etc..they would exand and they are somewhat allied with the Romulans, which also makes sense because of their proximity to that area more than any other.

I wont spoil more for you than that, but I do think that the map needs expanded. Even if I am not "cleared" to go to certain places..put it on the damn map. I have not seen Ferengi capital planet anywhere (unless im missing it) put the Gamma Quadrant on the map somewhere, even if I cant fly there.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-20-2010, 01:00 PM
It makes perfect sense. The hirogen, a hunter tribe, decided to organize and cross borg space (the transwarp voyager used was destroyed) in order to look for someone (the Romulans) to ally with since they decided they should ally someone. That makes sense right?
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-20-2010, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranker
It makes perfect sense. The hirogen, a hunter tribe, decided to organize and cross borg space (the transwarp voyager used was destroyed) in order to look for someone (the Romulans) to ally with since they decided they should ally someone. That makes sense right?

Voyager encountered the Hirogen well after it crossed Borg Space, and evidence gathered from the show indicates that they're very close to the edge of the Beta Quadrant.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-20-2010, 01:33 PM
The network in question was big, but it was millions of years old and used technolgy greate than the hirogen possesed.

Just because the network spanned a great distance, and the hirogen made use of it, does not mean they spanned an equal distance.

That said, they are here now, so insert whatever plot device you wish to explain it
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-20-2010, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Equinox
That said, they are here now, so insert whatever plot device you wish to explain it

OR... you could play the game. lol