Lt. Commander
# 1 PvP and Klingon
02-17-2010, 05:58 PM
-What is with the PvP mode? As far as I can tell, going to the different systems in the sector space mode does nothing. I simply have to click on the PvP mode and wait my turn, regardless of what system I am at (which takes incredibly long since there are so few PvP arenas). Why can't Fed and Klingon ships just engage each other randomly throughout the game (sector space or in the system) ? I believe this change alone would add a whole new element (a welcome one) to the game. If the Fed and Klingons are locked in perpetual war, wouldn't this make sense? Also, the game doesn't appear all that crowded, so I don't think you would be engaged randomly all that often. If anything, it would break up the monatony on single player mode and allow some good tactics to be employed in one vs one mode.

-Why are the Klingons stuck in one or two sector blocks and can't enter fed space to engage in battle? Further, why can't klingons just enter systems ( and hunt ) at random? As far as I can tell, as a Klingon I can only enter a few or no systems unless on a specific mission. This is a severe detrement to the KDF experience. This gets pretty boring and repetetive (i.e. stuck in sector space waiting for a PvP arena or on a repetetive single player mode)
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-17-2010, 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider08 View Post
First, I want to say that the game is great and a great improvement on past ST games.

There are some major issues that I believe require fixing immediately to improve gameplay:

- As a Klingon, why can't I engage cloak while in the heat of battle? Fed ships can jam my sensors, rendering them invisible, so why can't I engage my cloak like all the other Klingons (computers klingons) during battle?

You can, you just need the Tier 2 Bird of Prey

-What is with the PvP mode? As far as I can tell, going to the different systems in the sector space mode does nothing. I simply have to click on the PvP mode and wait my turn, regardless of what system I am at (which takes incredibly long since there are so few PvP arenas). Why can't Fed and Klingon ships just engage each other randomly throughout the game (sector space or in the system) ? I believe this change alone would add a whole new element (a welcome one) to the game. If the Fed and Klingons are locked in perpetual war, wouldn't this make sense? Also, the game doesn't appear all that crowded, so I don't think you would be engaged randomly all that often. If anything, it would break up the monatony on single player mode and allow some good tactics to be employed in one vs one mode.

-Why are the Klingons stuck in one or two sector blocks and can't enter fed space to engage in battle? Further, why can't klingons just enter systems ( and hunt ) at random? As far as I can tell, as a Klingon I can only enter a few or no systems unless on a specific mission. This is a severe detrement to the KDF experience. This gets pretty boring and repetetive (i.e. stuck in sector space waiting for a PvP arena or on a repetetive single player mode)

Thanks
Sorry, I only know the answer to one of the questions... But hey! 1 out of 3 is not bad. :p