Lt. Commander
# 31
02-18-2010, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinsec View Post
One thing he does have spot on is the incessant spam of the spacebar. One of his longest gripes is the stupidity and pain we go through to continue firing our ship phasers. We've been complaining about wanting autofire on all beam weapons since the earliest stages of beta.

It would be nice if they listened.
Personally I like it as is. Makes it more interactive to me. Just flying my ship around and firing other weapon would make it even more repatative. If they did do it they should make it an option if I the player want it to auto fire or not.
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-18-2010, 01:17 PM
GameSpy is a joke, as some have said already their reviews are terrible.

/ignore.
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-18-2010, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkmgc View Post
Exactly. Game review sites , and game reviewers, are nothing more than corporate tools to steer the sheeple. Usually takes little investigating to find out who pulls their strings.
Except Gamespy.com was wearing a Star Trek Online advertising "coat" on the front page, but none of you complainers noticed. If it had been a favorable review, not only would it have been wrong but it'd also look like it was bribed. Face it, the very few people upset with the low scores this game is getting hallucinate to make themselves feel better.

To post and say "Despite the scores, I enjoy the game anyway" is a very reasonable thing to do, but then you finish your sentences with "What do they know anyway? They're not gamers." as if to safeguard yourselves from admitting you like a poorly designed game. If you investigated for even a second Blkmgc you'd discover the reviewer is a freelance writer and not affiliated with any "corporate" structure, if anything he's putting his job at risk by potentially ****ing off a large company.
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-18-2010, 02:09 PM
If I'm not mistaken I think GameSpy is a sub part of IGN.com.
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-18-2010, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majic12 View Post
Deer God...

RDH09 is the Best. Game. Ever.

No one else has done so much to position the deer-hunting genre squarely in the mainstream.

Do not speak ill of the redneck deer hunter. Nay nay. Celebrate his tremendous success in bringing the primal passions of every gamer to the forefront and legitimizing pure, unadulterated, uber pwnidge of cute, defenseless critters for the masses.

The next time you stalk a simulated animal in an online game, remember you stand on the shoulders of giants. Redneck giants. Redneck, deer-hunting giants.

God Bless America. Amen.
Oh that is just bs.
you know as well as anyone that redneck deer hunter 2009 is a sub par derivative of orbital death lazer deer stalker 2008.

I mean come on, they didn't even change the sound effects...
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-18-2010, 04:02 PM
This STO review is spot on, unfortunately. Everything said is true. The game is way too easy, way too repetitive, and way too boring.
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-18-2010, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lethalblade View Post
This STO review is spot on, unfortunately. Everything said is true. The game is way too easy, way too repetitive, and way too boring.
This man speaks the truth