Lt. Commander
# 41
02-18-2010, 01:58 PM
I would like them to reward players who ACTUALLY attempt to pvp however I'm afraid they will take a short cut on this and base it all on dps, which to me would be utter bs.
Lt. Commander
# 42
02-18-2010, 02:08 PM
Before you all go and say this is the way to go, I would like to play devil's advocate and point out a few problems with such a system:

It requires that the two sides are balanced. If, for instance, in tier 1 it continues to be that the klingons are easier to play than the federation, it would be an unnecessary to add the insult of getting less points to the injury of being rolled time and time again. Of course, in time we should achieve some sort of balance, but it isn't there right now. Many little faults are tolerated because when they go against you, you at least get close to the same as you do if they go in your favour.

They really need to fix the pvp queue system. Being 5 down right off the back because you came into the arena late and the spawn point is camped makes it very nasty to then lose because of that and getting penalized for it in terms of points and credits.

What do you do when people notice that they are losing, will probably lose 15-0 or something like that because they have come up against a top tier premade, and they decide to warp out because they are not really giving up anything in terms of rewards, why make it easy on the people who are massacring them?
Lt. Commander
# 43
02-18-2010, 02:44 PM
My concern is that if there is a set number of reward points that is dished out according to contribution certain play styles will get the shaft, and people will start screwing each other over just to get a big share.

I use Tyken's Rift a lot, it really owns in PvP, but how is it weighted in the contribution if someone else swoops in and nukes the ship I zapped the shields off... I'm sure that's not the only power where that kind of question becomes a concern. Even in organized team PvP, if you always get less than your mates just because of the role you play it just sort of sucks.
Lt. Commander
# 44
02-18-2010, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rothnang
My concern is that if there is a set number of reward points that is dished out according to contribution certain play styles will get the shaft, and people will start screwing each other over just to get a big share.

I use Tyken's Rift a lot, it really owns in PvP, but how is it weighted in the contribution if someone else swoops in and nukes the ship I zapped the shields off... I'm sure that's not the only power where that kind of question becomes a concern. Even in organized team PvP, if you always get less than your mates just because of the role you play it just sort of sucks.
In the model I presented, you would get damage points for all the shield damage you did with tychens and assist points for anyone hit while snared or debuffed.
Lt. Commander
# 45
02-18-2010, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majic12 View Post
Your plan for rewarding active participation is the best idea I've seen so far.

Thanks for offering a sensible -- and superior -- alternative to the current regime.

Congratulations! You win this thread.
I must concur. Meat_Machine's post is by far the best idea. I love it better than my own original suggestion.
Lt. Commander
# 46
02-18-2010, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase Quinnell
I must concur. Meat_Machine's post is by far the best idea. I love it better than my own original suggestion.
Hey thanks. I've done some games work in my murky past, but I don't know if it helps or hurts.
Lt. Commander
# 47
02-18-2010, 07:34 PM
How about we just leave it like it is ?? Ktnx.
Lt. Commander
# 48 Devils Advocate
02-26-2010, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star*Dagger
There are few things more dishonorable than getting accolades for losing.

Loser should go away with nothing in game, zero, except the experience he gained and the determination to do better next time.

Zero rewards for the losing side.

Yours in Accomplishment Plasma,
Star*Dagger
Devils Advocate: So RA5 on losing team has no reason to stay and compete?
Lt. Commander
# 49
02-26-2010, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou.Tigers View Post
Devils Advocate: So RA5 on losing team has no reason to stay and compete?
Losers should still get a reward, scaled and divided by contribution.

The only people who get nothing, are people who do nothing.

Also, quitting during a match should debuff you for 15 minutes preventing rejoining pvp.

Idling too long should also.

There needs to be a max # of deaths as well, to stop people from throwing a match. I've had matches go 10-15 where one of our guys died 9 times.