Lt. Commander
# 1 Shield arcs acting strangely.
02-17-2010, 07:05 PM
I`m used to the blue shield arc disk appearing only on the target i`m shooting at. I dont mind it as its a handy visual reference.

However, i was in a deep space mission today and suddenly every ship has its own arc, be it friend or foe. I visited a fleet engagement and there were so many arcs i couldnt see the ships and it slowed my display down.

As to me, i`ve suddenly gotten two arcs. I have a shield arc and a new red outer arc that shows a damage measure. As i pilot cruisers, this is starting to fill most of my screen.

It is definitely something i have turned on by accident, but i cant work out how to turn the arcs back to their usual manner. I looked over the keybinds and didnt see anything of use.

Has anyone any suggestions, or has anyone experienced similar "arc madness"?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-17-2010, 07:41 PM
Well, i did some experimentation and it seems that some of it was me and some of it is still mysterious.

The extra red damage "arc" around my normal arc seems to have vanished. Also, my arcs seem to be thinner and are now under the ship rather than around it at the mid level. They are a lot less noticeable this way.

Is there a science ship ability, admiral level, that could graphically change the way the shield arcs look? There was certainly a science ship in an encounter that was using some sort of shield boosting bubble, maybe i have simply never seen the graphical changes it puts into place.

Something was certainly amiss, but i am left with more questions than answers as to this arc strangeness.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-18-2010, 07:16 AM
I believe the red arcs only show up when you debuff a guys shields w/ tachyuon beam and stuff like that..

They should just remove the arcs completely..

check out this youtube link i found.. no idea he did.. probably some third party mod the violates the TOS, but HOW AWESOME DOES IT LOOK..

i mean they are already presenting us this info elsewhere in the UI .. the shield arcs are needless clutter..

http://www.youtube.com/user/flankerz.../0/zvkHc_REZjs
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-18-2010, 08:56 AM
Thanks Casey, i knew something was strange. I havent seen those red arcs since that incident. I guess that a lot of stuff that i didnt recognise all happened at once. There was certainly some sort of shield buff going on too, which made the blue arcs look fat, or wierd or too bright or somesuch.

Madness!
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-18-2010, 10:30 PM
AGREED --- ADD OPTION TO REMOVE UGLY BLUE SHIELD BUBBLES AND NAME BOXES

just like on the ground
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-18-2010, 10:33 PM
heck, if someone can do it in an illegal mod like in that video, shouldn't take Cryptic devs long at all.

So... umm... Make it so.

sorry, couldnt resist
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-19-2010, 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLuvinn
heck, if someone can do it in an illegal mod like in that video, shouldn't take Cryptic devs long at all.

So... umm... Make it so.

sorry, couldnt resist

engage!!!

please fix this asap cryptic