Lt. Commander
# 1 Engineering BO Ground AI
02-16-2010, 03:06 PM
This is so funny I had to share it. I tried different ground combat skills just to experiment. Not sure why but I gave my Engineering BO the ground combat skill of shield cover...the honeycomb looking thing that blocks line of sight.

I noticed I didn't see his attack on mobs while fighting. I turned around and noticed that he is hiding behind the shield. Apparently it blocks his line of sight as well. He just sits there hiding and holding his gun.

It's almost as if he's telling me "Go screw yourself..i'm not getting shot!" LMAO!! Guess you would have to be there but it was funny as hell.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-16-2010, 03:08 PM
Wow, lol. Ty for sharing, I was about to get that ability, I think I went with drone fab I instead.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-18-2010, 07:04 AM
I run with 1-2 eng BOs in away team. Mine with cover would use cover and then phaser fabrication or quantumm morter fabrication. that way the fabrication could till fire but ot be attacked at range.

Rank 1: Chromium mine barrier
Rank 2: Phaser Fab I (2nd with shield generator or another phaser fab)
Rank 3: Morter Fab I (2nd with med generator or another morter fab. Phaser fab I and 2 don't always work together when I tried)
Rank 4: Cover Shield

Support drone was too weak. It was always the first destroyed. As for cover, my engineers did move around it, but you can't use rally points with it. Also, slot in away team also seem to affect how they react.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-18-2010, 09:41 AM
I'm still sticking with drone fabrication. They get blasted, but I'd rather them get blasted than the crew. CD seems low enough to tolerate that.