Lt. Commander
"# Science Team, Security Team, and Engineering team can now be activated while your ship is held."

Looks like it's time to retrain my Commander science BO...

Is this REALLY needed though? You can SEE VM coming towards you so you can easily buff yourself and your teammates can always buff you.

VM is only unfair in duels... which we can't even do.

Thanks for whining noobs... see you in game.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-17-2010, 10:27 PM
Eh, it's for the best.

A good PvP design would simply have meant that powers like VM never got implemented to begin with.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-17-2010, 10:28 PM
Good riddance to bad rubbish.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-17-2010, 10:29 PM
the sad thing is that due to the way every meta game works, the less likely you are to see VM, the less likely you are to see its counter-science team, which in turns makes it more profitable to bring VM. people will still need to bring science team less they get hosed by VM.

thats one of those particular buggers that drove me nuts in magic:the gathering.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-17-2010, 10:30 PM
Sweet now I can go back to my all in Damage build.. let the whines begin...
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-17-2010, 10:43 PM
OP is a little weakling who depends on a completely overpowered ability. I like to see his type whine on the forums... it means the devs are doing good things.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-17-2010, 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
the sad thing is that due to the way every meta game works, the less likely you are to see VM, the less likely you are to see its counter-science team, which in turns makes it more profitable to bring VM. people will still need to bring science team less they get hosed by VM.

thats one of those particular buggers that drove me nuts in magic:the gathering.
Except Science Team does a lot more than just counter VM. It cures all science debuffs and heals shields, so it's basically worth having even if VM didn't exist.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-17-2010, 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamz
Except Science Team does a lot more than just counter VM. It cures all science debuffs and heals shields, so it's basically worth having even if VM didn't exist.
true, I kind of prefer engineering team though.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-17-2010, 10:56 PM
Obviously, if you're fighting inexperienced teams, VM or not, you're still going to destroy them.

The reason I found VM useful against experienced teams is that it distracts everyone for a quick bit as they scramble to remove it from their ally.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-17-2010, 11:14 PM
Good riddance, though I need to find a better ability for a commander slot.