Lt. Commander
# 21
02-18-2010, 08:46 AM
Good riddance. Now maybe all the players that used VM as a crutch in PVP will have to actually learn to fight for a change. Maybe if they would fix that stupid carrier hanger exploit T5 might get more interesting. We could get more space brawls and less NPC spam.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-18-2010, 08:48 AM
I was just making the point that off the x teams science team was already the best.

The change to make them usable in CC is much more valuable to science team that the others putting it further ahead.

Now Engineering team is a close second but suffers from having one of its skill boosts in the admiral tier.

Tactical team is a distant last, not a bad ability but as it shares a system cd with science or engineering team it suffers.

It was a change that had to come but like you suggest eng team and tac team need some sort of buff as they have fallen further behind
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-18-2010, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagon View Post
yup, already on the path to two ships parked in front of each other measuring their dps epeens being the sum total of PvP. Just the same kind of mindset in sword and board games that have lost interesting PvP because the kindergarten set QQed enough to make it just two melee standing there whacking at each other. People not wanting to think or work as a team, just pew pew pew mindlessly and brag about their damage output at the end of the match.
/signed.

I cannot say im bothered at the actual changes but what bothers me is how quick a few QQ posts got the changes implemented, the npc game is already so easy that my guys gang up before doind a mission ALONE so the difficulty of the mission is set for more than one player and at least a little challenging.

Still i just got my second fed toon to captain 2 as a engineer cruiser pilot so i guess its a massive buff for him.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-18-2010, 09:24 AM
its not that vm is over powered its its too widly available to the klinks side. when the whole freakn team has vm things get kinda fuzzy.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-18-2010, 09:37 AM
Maybe VM should be a team power, taking an idea from lotro. Assign the really nasty power, of which VM is one imho, and assign it as a team power. When a team is fighting, should they generate the necessary percentage for a team power, it pops up as an option. Hit VM and all enemy ships within a given distance get f'ed for a given time. Of course, there is no cooldown, since activation of a team power is based on rolling a (low) percentage to begin with.

Btw, this power just screams Cylon surprise attack from the re-imagined series. And the Twelve Colonies lost the war just like that. VM is very powerful.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-18-2010, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagon View Post
yup, already on the path to two ships parked in front of each other measuring their dps epeens being the sum total of PvP. Just the same kind of mindset in sword and board games that have lost interesting PvP because the kindergarten set QQed enough to make it just two melee standing there whacking at each other. People not wanting to think or work as a team, just pew pew pew mindlessly and brag about their damage output at the end of the match.

i withdraw my comment, it seemed a little crude
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-18-2010, 09:54 AM
In my head, I envisioned VM as an ability that attacks multiple subsystems, therefore requiring different teams.

Vm should disable you by hitting all of your subsystems, BUT

All set to 25 max, with a proc every tick to disable a random subsystem while it's running.

Aux/Shields-science debuff
Engines/weapons-Mechanical Debuff

This way, there is value in both science AND engineering teams.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-18-2010, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raef_Hellstorm
waa waa, they took away your PRECIOUS!! NOOO!!!!

L2P
Hey look guys a whiner, what you gonna blame next?.

Quote:
the BEST pvp matches i've been in so far were ones where neither side had VM .. one cracked planetoid yesterday lasted close to an hour, and was by far the most fun i've had in STO
A hour?....for a 5 v 5 match?...if thats the future for pvp then it is gonna fail hard.

Quote:
so you lost your "BOOMHEADSHOT" skill ..

Its not the loss of VM as it has not gone its the speed and the liberal way they just threw things at it that is the concern, at least they could have gived ST the ability to remove the science holds and ET the ability to remove the engineering hold effects that VM gives.

A blindly swung nerf hamer is a bad idea.

Quote:
pvp just got ALOT better, and the real pvprs know it..
I can only assume somebody told you that........
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-18-2010, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Cid
Maybe VM should be a team power, taking an idea from lotro. Assign the really nasty power, of which VM is one imho, and assign it as a team power. When a team is fighting, should they generate the necessary percentage for a team power, it pops up as an option. Hit VM and all enemy ships within a given distance get f'ed for a given time. Of course, there is no cooldown, since activation of a team power is based on rolling a (low) percentage to begin with.

Btw, this power just screams Cylon surprise attack from the re-imagined series. And the Twelve Colonies lost the war just like that. VM is very powerful.
We definitely do not need Fellowship manuvers in PVP. It works in lotro but I can't see this in space.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-18-2010, 09:58 AM
I'll probably still run with VM on my carrier, but it means i can switch out attack pattern omega for something more useful.