Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Ensign
There was nothing mentioned in the Giveaway blog post about being L40 or better to claim the Varanus or the Ambassador. A couple of my friends have lowbie KDF characters and have been unable to 'flag' the Varanus for their characters for later use.

In past giveaways, we can 'flag' an item on any character, and later claim it across the account.
But right now, we don't really seem to have that option, which really hurts lower-level characters who might want the item in the future.

Is this a bug with the claiming process for these ships?
Or are we missing something obvious? (all eight of my characters are L50, so I can't 'test' this myself)

If this was intended, it would have been nice to know in advance so they could have at least tried to level their characters this weekend.
@Genmomo
Fed: Gendou / Genken / Genkuro
Rom: Gensei / Genryuu
KDF: Genshi / Genzou / Genjou
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-01-2014, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xangen View Post

In past giveaways, we can 'flag' an item on any character, and later claim it across the account.
I don't think so. I distinctly remember having to be a certain level to claim other giveaway ships. I'm sure it was in the previous giveaway blogs.
Captain
# 3
09-01-2014, 11:26 AM
Grind to 40 before noon tomorrow, not hard
Captain
# 4
09-01-2014, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcostik View Post
I don't think so. I distinctly remember having to be a certain level to claim other giveaway ships. I'm sure it was in the previous giveaway blogs.
Indeed. It has never been any different - a T5 ship requires T5 ship access.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.
Ensign
# 5 Giveaway Kingon Ship
09-01-2014, 11:42 AM
Hello,

Just wanted to see if there was a way to collect the free Klingon Ship today without having to be level 50.

I have a relitively new Klingon Character and i would like the Support ship that is part of the giveaway when I reach level 50.

Thanks
Captain
# 6
09-01-2014, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcostik View Post
It's something that many of us take for granted because of past experience with it, what happened here though was the first blog said the requirements would be in a later blog - that later blog did not include those requirements...so some folks that didn't already know, well...they were never told. Sure, it might have been in the threads - folks telling others to make sure they were there cause folks knew; but not everybody out there hits up the forums and if they were dependent just upon the blogs...oh well, eh?
Vice Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
V.S.S. Oracle, D'Kyr-class Science Vessel
Captain
# 7
09-01-2014, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursusmorologus View Post
Grind to 40 before noon tomorrow, not hard
Noon is a relative concept.

But, the point remains - your friends have exactly 22 hours and 3 minutes to reach level 40. Its doable but tight.
Vanilla PvP - Cheap. Fun. Balanced. Newbie/Casual friendly. PvP as it should be.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?t=1223171

T'Rebek, Karina, Volana, Nalcari, K'Ahlayr.
Ensign
# 8
09-01-2014, 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncc02underwood View Post
Hello,

Just wanted to see if there was a way to collect the free Klingon Ship today without having to be level 50.

I have a relitively new Klingon Character and i would like the Support ship that is part of the giveaway when I reach level 50.

Thanks
Ditto. I created a Klingon character yesterday to take advantage of the free ship unlock, only to learn today that apparently I can't unlock it. I wasn't honestly expecting to be able to fly it at tier 5, but as nothing in the promotion material, or the info in the C-Store indicates a minimum required level to claim the ship, I figured worst case scenario it simply wouldn't be selectable in the ship requisition screen until later. The last thing I expected was for it to be un-claimable, which is really disappointing. Go figure tho, I was able to claim the Klingon bridge pack yesterday before actually creating my Klingon character...

Last edited by reykov; 09-01-2014 at 06:42 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 9 Ship is worthless
09-01-2014, 08:23 PM
Unlike the Fed cruiser this ship is worthless.
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-01-2014, 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xangen View Post
But right now, we don't really seem to have that option, which really hurts lower-level characters who might want the item in the future.
You have always needed to be on the min rank to claim Cstore ships, bought or giveaway. This time around it seems the Devs thought the players to be slightly more intelligent then an epohh and understand this w/o explanation.

Last edited by thegcbacon; 09-01-2014 at 08:42 PM.