Lt. Commander
# 1 Vo'Quv Carrier
02-17-2010, 09:48 PM
So, playing against one of these isn't fun.

I don't know who thought fighters spamming torpedoes, a couple BOP (yay science officers), and a bunch of shield repair drones is fun. Toss in a big dumb ship annoying you and then the graphical lag...

I played against 3 of these.

Let's talk excitement.

First I had to turn my graphics down. Then I couldn't see **** firing at me.

The bounding box on these ships is huge, fly into the middle of them and you can't move again--like fighting Borg cubes. Not fun.

I can handle 5 Negvar science ships spawning bops, it's not easy but I can deal.

The Vo'Quv Carrier?

Forget it.

It's not fun, in the least.

No, I don't want a Federation Carrier ffs.

More lag inducing huge spammy bot ships?

Thanks but no thanks.

If this is the endgame for PVP, don't bother.

I know I won't.

[Please tell me I suck, or how I won't be missed. Thanks, you rock trollies!]
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-17-2010, 09:53 PM
That was about my experience. Can't wait for Fed vs Fed really.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-17-2010, 10:01 PM
jeeze, that's not cool. As an unexpected byproduct of carrier spam they demo the framerate of lower end computers

most people would tell you to get a better computer, but I would say thats a pretty serious setback for players.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-17-2010, 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
jeeze, that's not cool. As an unexpected byproduct of carrier spam they demo the framerate of lower end computers

most people would tell you to get a better computer, but I would say thats a pretty serious setback for players.
The elitist in me says its good to be able to tell who can actually keep up. Those that can't just quit.

Lt. Commander
# 5
02-17-2010, 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugh View Post
The elitist in me says its good to be able to tell who can actually keep up. Those that can't just quit.

as much fun as that sounds, being suddenly unable to compete due to computer issues that don't really exist elsewhere is kind of a copout. If I read right, his computer was doing fun, and then suddenly couldnt handle the mass of carrier-junk that spawned from those failbuckets.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-17-2010, 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
as much fun as that sounds, being suddenly unable to compete due to computer issues that don't really exist elsewhere is kind of a copout. If I read right, his computer was doing fun, and then suddenly couldnt handle the mass of carrier-junk that spawned from those failbuckets.
I sincerely doubt that his computer was doing alright if a carrier was all it took to bring him to his knees..
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-17-2010, 10:38 PM
To bad they didn't fix the hanger exploit in this patch.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-17-2010, 10:41 PM
I answer every question of 'how did they think this was fun' with 'look at ground combat'. I mean, the expose/exploit mechanic says it all. Cryptic's designers hate fun, it's as simple as that. They'd rather you stand around with your thumb up your butt waiting for them to finally get an expose so you at least aren't being chainheld, you're dead.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-18-2010, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stelek View Post

I can handle 5 Negvar science ships spawning bops, it's not easy but I can deal.
uhh huh??
negvar is not a sciejnce ship nor can it spawn bop's
and no u cant tank 5 negvars cept i pve unless they suck
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-18-2010, 07:44 AM
Can someone explain me why the carrier pilots or Klingon-allies got no problems with their own "spam", but FEDs do?

I've fought with 4 carriers on my side and had no problems at all. Carrier pilots themself should have serious problems too?