Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
I have found a (possible) exploit for this to allow you to select more than one fore and aft weapon to autofire.

Can the dev's just confirm if this is an exploit or a lucky 'bug'

thanks
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-18-2010, 08:20 AM
people have been using the right click real fast to get all weapons to auto fire for some time now.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-18-2010, 08:22 AM
I am aware of that, but since it can only be done by lagging the system it is technically outside the 'normal' operations of the UI and gameplay, thus could technically be classed as an exploit,

hence posting about it here rather than general gameplay in the hope a dev can confirm if we we can be banned for using it or not (and as a lifer I would rather be sure)
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-18-2010, 08:30 AM
Can get dual autofire even on the highest end systems. I can get two without even having to stall my internet. If you want more then that though, then yes, you either need a bad comp, or a sluggish net.

Either way, because the check is client-side. There isnt much that can be done about that.

Autofiring everything isnt practical on anything but a full cannon build anyways. I always have my beam banks on manual so I can pop a BO III whenever I please, or if someone pops a feedback pulse.

On the same note: To any avid PVPers out there. If you find someone autofiring 8 beambanks in a cruiser, pop FPIII please. I'd love to see the damage from that.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-18-2010, 08:48 AM
Why not ask a dev via a ticket instead of flaunting/boasting that you can do it?
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-18-2010, 08:55 AM
If the devs didn't know by now, then they need their heads examining.

I just hope that they actually address the reasons WHY people use it, macros or third party apps, to get round the auto-fire issue, rather than just locking it down and ignoring the original problem.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-18-2010, 09:55 AM
Exactly. It's not like having all around auto fire has an advantage over spamming the spacebar when everything's on a cool-down.