Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-18-2010, 07:57 AM
The same point was brought up on LotRO a few months ago, and a dev got around to explaining the reason why typos are prevalent sometimes in MMOs. It may be completely irrelevant, but also may be the explanation for the typos within the game:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbarry, LotRO Dev
ZC setup all the titles.
ZC is a systems designer.
Systems Designers keyboards only have numbers.
You try spelling a title out using only ASCII codes.

http://forums.lotro.com/showpost.php...42&postcount=6
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-18-2010, 08:13 AM
"The Brog has invided Daetan V, you need to get in there and hahaha no content for you losers rescue teh hsotages"
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-18-2010, 08:40 AM
Half of your posts read like you people type with your elbows yet minor typos from a 10,000+ word script is worthy of your attention? Who do you think is putting this stuff down, Jesus?
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-18-2010, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggressor27 View Post
Half of your posts read like you people type with your elbows yet minor typos from a 10,000+ word script is worthy of your attention? Who do you think is putting this stuff down, Jesus?
I am not certain what your saying or to whom you're directing it but it does sound like a defense of
the errors on behalf of Cryptic. Once again I will point out the obvious, it is immaterial what the scope
or magnitude this games code is. The sheer size of the code does not lend itself to excuses, an explanation
perhaps but an excuse? No. I accept the rational that the size and complexity means a typo will appear
here and there but to this extent? Irrespective of how they came to be, Cryptic ought to correct them
as it reflects on them, their attention to detail (or proper grammar at least) and how they handle the mundane
aspects of the game they are creating for us.

If they are using asci code, yes, that is a tedious task but one they agreed to when they took over this
project so to that I say, "Buck up soldier, you've got a job to do!".
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-18-2010, 09:42 AM
Unnecessary gobbledygook aside, mistakes are bound to happen considering the amount of text put into this game. They have been addressing them with every patch as they are discovered.