Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Captain
I been cracking my head with that thing, is imposible catch a vaper using it.
They uncloak, alpha + jump and bye bye. The Singularity core jump wasn't that much a problem because is a straight foward jump that you can always predict, but this undine thing is even more hard to catch than the impulse cell.
John Sheridan@playhard88 - FED Tactical
Vin Naftero@playhard88 - FED Sciencie
K'tan@playhard88 - KDF Tactical
Argento@playhard88 - RRF Tactical (FED)

Last edited by playhard88; 09-01-2014 at 04:13 PM.
Captain
# 2
09-01-2014, 04:35 PM
The only way I can think of is shockwave. Also possibly spamming web mines around you.
Reality is WAR
KHG Klingon Honor Guard
Captain
# 3
09-01-2014, 04:41 PM
Torpedoes.

If a torp volley or spread or whatever is in flight to the target when it jumps, they will continue and hit the target regardless of if it's targetable or not. I frequently get kills on people running from me because torps hit them mid undine console.
Captain
# 4
09-01-2014, 04:46 PM
Yes actually torpedoes do follow you while you're out of phase and will kill you while you're still in phase. I don't know if it's intended or not, but there is a huge debuff to kinetic damage while you're in phase (I haven't done any testing, but it sure feels like torps eat through your hull like butter in fluidic phase).
Reality is WAR
KHG Klingon Honor Guard
Captain
# 5
09-01-2014, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deokkent View Post
Yes actually torpedoes do follow you while you're out of phase and will kill you while you're still in phase. I don't know if it's intended or not, but there is a huge debuff to kinetic damage while you're in phase (I haven't done any testing, but it sure feels like torps eat through your hull like butter in fluidic phase).
Well I think it knocks your shields offline while you're in phase.
Captain
# 6
09-01-2014, 05:23 PM
Ya the torp hits are intended.

The console is the best get out of s card in the game. The only issue with the console in general is the ability to swap them to reset cool downs to 30s.

Have seen far to many cheese balls swapping these in places like kerrat. On a 3 min cool its not a bad console. Because of how it works its very easy to break combat to swap them which is annoying.

I really wish Cryptic would fix the console swapping junk already. the 30s timer thing was lazy... all they have to do is have Every TYPE of console / equip / skill have a timer on your toon... so swapping things that have the same name on them simply continues the same cool down.

Then again I guess how would cryptic sell people 6 of everything so they can have them at "global" lmao
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.
Captain
# 7
09-01-2014, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
I really wish Cryptic would fix the console swapping junk already. the 30s timer thing was lazy... all they have to do is have Every TYPE of console / equip / skill have a timer on your toon... so swapping things that have the same name on them simply continues the same cool down.
personally, id limit changing ship gear to star bases & flotillas.
but yes, what you say is true. transwarp works this way, you log out with 10 minutes on the clock, those minutes'l still be there when you log back in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redz4tw View Post
can you say attack pattern angry forumers 3?
Career Officer
# 8
09-01-2014, 10:59 PM
If I remember correctly a good speed debuff can make the jump really small. When the bop has no omega on, also maybe gravwell. Also consider doffed viral matrix. ET is not a much used skill on a vaper (and when should it be activated?)
Do you want to improve healing; use keybinds

@rudiefix Feds: Rudiefix / Thron / Opa
@rudiefix KDFs: Lill / Xifeidur / Dehr / Ugly
@rudiefix Roms (KDF alligned): Chicita
Captain
# 9
09-02-2014, 05:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudiefix1 View Post
If I remember correctly a good speed debuff can make the jump really small. When the bop has no omega on, also maybe gravwell. Also consider doffed viral matrix. ET is not a much used skill on a vaper (and when should it be activated?)
the console gives you +300% turn rate and speed for 6 seconds, i don't think that speed debuff could do anything.
John Sheridan@playhard88 - FED Tactical
Vin Naftero@playhard88 - FED Sciencie
K'tan@playhard88 - KDF Tactical
Argento@playhard88 - RRF Tactical (FED)
Empire Veteran
# 10
09-02-2014, 06:03 AM
EWP and/or Drain works because of slow or offline engines.

Shak - Fed/Rom - Sad Pandas Scort-Veteran - Known Haxxor
Shak'Re - KDF - Soehne von Khaless (Svk)
T'Shara - Fed/Rom - 58. Geschwader