Ensign
I just came accross phased biomatter and decided to use it as a heavy dual cannon. I notice I have better dmg output on same level enemies. IS it worth converting all my weapons to it?

I just bought on the exchange 2 MK XI dual heavy cannons phased biomatter, and the dual beam bank mk XI is pretty cheap. What kind of build would this give me switching to this new weapon?

Last edited by commandereffi; 09-01-2014 at 06:35 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-02-2014, 04:44 AM
About the build: I don't know, I'm not a DPS monster, sorry.
About the phased biomatter: I've refitted my Federation ships with those weapons, and I'm happy. They are useful in the PvE, and far more predictable than the usual phasers.

Bye / Qapl / Jolan tru
Captain
# 3
09-02-2014, 04:53 AM
The only way I suggest using it is for a ship that forces you into a Phaser build, like a Vesta, or Chimera. Otherwise, full Antiproton or full Romulan Plasma are the only builds I suggest.

I successfully completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE.
My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III

Click here to view my DeviantArt.
Republic Veteran
# 4
09-02-2014, 05:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaleff View Post
The only way I suggest using it is for a ship that forces you into a Phaser build, like a Vesta, or Chimera. Otherwise, full Antiproton or full Romulan Plasma are the only builds I suggest.
Nonsense.

Due to the prevalence of ResB shields, phaser encounters little in the way of player resists.

The new CC weapon 2-set allows for a significant damage increase.

Finally, the proc is very damage orientated, making it much more desirable in PvE than the system shutdown proc of the regular phasers.

Last edited by smokeybacon90; 09-02-2014 at 05:19 AM.
Commander
# 5
09-02-2014, 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeybacon90 View Post
Nonsense.

Due to the prevalence of ResB shields, phaser encounters little in the way of player resists.

The new CC weapon 2-set allows for a significant damage increase.

Finally, the proc is very damage orientated, making it much more desirable in PvE than the system shutdown proc of the regular phasers.
And...

It's a lovely shade of blue.

Support the Federation Typhoon and Jupiter Class Starships.
Commander
# 6
09-02-2014, 06:06 AM
The Biomatter phasers gain nothing really in overall damage. But they sound and look very nice.

They also benefit from the following synergy effects:

2 Piece counter command with the console and heavy turret will yield you a bonus to phaser damage and an active ability that will give you spike dps.

Being phasers, this has a synergy effect on the POINT DEFENSE CONSOLE from the first Akira Refit.

In addition, The Federation Dreadnoughts PHASER lance also benefits from phaser buffs.

It is the same for the VESTA deflector phaser beam, it also benefits from a phaser setup.

Combine it with a 2 piece Dyson reputation set (particle stabilizer and gravimetric photon) and the torpedo point defense console (it counts as photons, so it benefits from the yson set) for:

That will yield you 2 Short ranged area effect energy based attacks that are not tied to your weapons in the form of the Barrage from counter command and the point defense console.

In addition you get a kinetic (always fun vs borg STf's) area of effect torpedo spam.

You can use all this on a vesta and get the vesta's cheese abilities on top of it all, including the sustained phaser beam of face melting.

On the Dreadnought x crusier you get the Spinal tap, er lance, to play with.

So, biomatter phasers are worth it if you want to look and sound different. If you are ok with more standard phaser sounds, the undine rep phasers will serve you well.

However, biomatter phasers come cheap from the exchange, undine phasers cost dilithum.

Oh and if you want to pvp, this proposal here is for pve fun only.
Captain
# 7
09-02-2014, 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaleff View Post
Then, you probably dont have any idea at all if you only suggests antiproton or plasma. With the exception of tetryons and in minor grade phasers, ANY energy type is open to recommendation. Cant believe people still sticks to antiproton xD , in the belief they are the best energy type xDD. Polaron builds are awesome. Disruptor builds are amazing. Plasma bulids are great. Antiproton builds are, only GOOD if you have high critical chance. If not, you will notice that they almost sxxux in many situations. And thats it. Phaser builds are good, specially if you use a complete set, but the only problem about phasers is you need to maximize the damage yes or yes, to start noticing good performance. Its not like other energy types, that you can use even without consoles, and you will notice they work. Phasers in this case are more ridiculous, but still they are great.

About phased biomatter i dont have a clue, its the first time i see that weapon type. But i dont see it around, so i dont think it is a really recommended build. You will be doing just fine using, as i said, any energy type except tetryon and maybe phasers if you dont have a 200% phaser build.

Last edited by policestate76; 09-02-2014 at 06:17 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
09-02-2014, 07:15 AM
I would wait till x2, maby we will get then mk xiv's then.
Bone1970 & Bone trader don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac's. BNE Fed Sci.
Bag of Bones & Bone Ugly don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Rom/Fed Tac. Bone & Bone2 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. KDF Eng's.
Warning: Not a native English-speaker, sorry if my English sucks.
Captain
# 9
09-02-2014, 07:43 AM
Wonder how phased biomatter (phaser type) would do as ground weapons.. I'll test them to see.. But comparing what I am using they don't have certain features. As ship weapons I do only use Anti-proton. I'll stand behind that weapon. I am not into phaser or plasma or anything else just Anti-proton. Like I had said everyone going to stand by his or her weapons favorites. The end results is what matters!
Time will only tell!
Captain
# 10
09-02-2014, 08:54 AM
Phased Biomatter is blue? Hmm. Are not Undine phasers green?
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene