Lt. Commander
I'm curious when they will be available for purchase at the C-store.

Very Soon (days) / Soon (weeks) / Later (months) / Much Later (years) / Never / Unknown

Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-08-2010, 11:05 PM
Definitely falls under Unknown. If I had to guess, "Later (months)" would be closest, around the same time as the planned content additions.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-08-2010, 11:09 PM
With how poorly written and or flat out wrong some of these skills are, and the change to a skill point cap system, a skill point reset better go in.

Im on the fence now at the captain level tier about a total re roll because of just how many misplaced points I have trying to learn this skill system/finding things do not give what you think they will.

There are min/max folks in every game. I know Cryptic always said you cant gimp yourself, and thats all well and good. There are some of us who once we figure everything out, would really like to put points in the things that we like to improve upon skills we like/use.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-08-2010, 11:30 PM
Actually, I hope the skill tree reset is bought via credits, but I think I read somewhere in CO it's bought from the C-store. :S I can understand if the name change is something paid for by cash.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-09-2010, 12:07 AM
Name changes I can see as something we should pay for. It's the same in many games - and it's a gameplay option.

Re-spec's are less of an option and are quite frankly required if and when you want to change ships or weapon type.
And in most games these are bought from in-game currency. It must be no different here.

Making us pay more real life cash for a skill reset would tick many people off the wrong way. They need to make people happy for their monthly subs before they try to squeeze the added little extra's.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-09-2010, 02:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmann26 View Post
Actually, I hope the skill tree reset is bought via credits, but I think I read somewhere in CO it's bought from the C-store. :S I can understand if the name change is something paid for by cash.
Cryptic has promised respecs will be available for some form of in-game resources only.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-09-2010, 03:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmann26 View Post
You can buy a FULL respec token from the C-Store in CO, however you can respec (or "retcon" as it's called in CO) back a certain number of skills in-game using in-game currency. They also offer free full repec tokens (which can be saved and used when you want, although you can only have once saved at a time) when they make significant changes to powers.

Just to add, CO has no classes. You character is defined solely by the powers you choose, so a full respec in CO is like re-rolling your character in other games. A respec option in STO won't have as large an impact, so it's possible that they won't feel the need to restrict it as much.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-09-2010, 04:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejin
Cryptic has promised respecs will be available for some form of in-game resources only.
They also said there would be no skill cap.

Hope and Change, people! Hope and Change.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-09-2010, 04:33 AM
I hope it's very soon that this is added. I'm already wanting to 'respec'.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-09-2010, 04:41 AM
I second a respec option... Soon I hope.