Lt. Commander
# 1 Exploring in Teams
02-18-2010, 09:40 AM
I like to duo with a friend of mine when we can both be online, and it's been working great for the various patrol and episode missions. However, we're having trouble when it comes to explore missions. When one of us finds an anomaly and enters the system, the anomaly disappears, and then the other guy can't get to the mission. Is there a good way to do explore missions as a team?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-18-2010, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ineffablebob View Post
I like to duo with a friend of mine when we can both be online, and it's been working great for the various patrol and episode missions. However, we're having trouble when it comes to explore missions. When one of us finds an anomaly and enters the system, the anomaly disappears, and then the other guy can't get to the mission. Is there a good way to do explore missions as a team?
You should get the option to, in a nebula, jump directly to any instance the team leader is in. I'm not sure how exactly, as the few times I tested it I was the team leader.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-18-2010, 09:55 AM
From what I've found, the easiest way is if you both try and enter the system at the same time. It can be a bit dodgy, though. If you do get separated, I think you get a 'continue xxx mission' button on the right-hand side on the sector map to join your teammate. Something like that, at least.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-18-2010, 10:03 AM
We've tried to stay together, but with server lag and all, it's not easy. I don't remember ever seeing the continue button at the sector level, but I'll look for it next time we try this. Thanks for the suggestions.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-18-2010, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ineffablebob View Post
We've tried to stay together, but with server lag and all, it's not easy. I don't remember ever seeing the continue button at the sector level, but I'll look for it next time we try this. Thanks for the suggestions.
Heh. I know, specifically, that you can jump into missions in progress... though sometimes it takes a while for the button to show up.

Fair warning, though - all mobs in a nebula scale to the level of the highest player on the team. This is veeeery important (the friend I was testing this out with was a Rear Admiral, and I was a Commander at the time. Hilarity ensued!).
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-18-2010, 10:19 AM
Just making sure, but you guys do invite each other to form an actual team, right? Because as soon as 1 of you enters, there should be a button for the other to enter regardless of where you are in the nebula
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-18-2010, 10:24 AM
I group with some friends also, we've had times when we missed the message or it just didn't show up when one of us entered the system. I've found heading towards the center of the map will sometimes bring up the message in the lower right corner. It will usually have the system name and the team member's name who entered. Sometimes it won't show up unless your looking in a particular direction. I had it once not show up until I used my right mouse button to look down below me and then the message showed up in the right bottom corner. Sometimes we've changed instances in the cluster and the mission will show up to.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-18-2010, 10:28 AM
I wasn't aware this "Continue" option was supposed to show up for teammates before reading this thread, so it's already been very helpful! Thanks everyone for the advice. Now that we know, we can try some of the suggestions above if it doesn't show up.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-18-2010, 11:59 AM
I explore with a regular group of friends.

On the occasion that the continue/join button doesn't show up, simply departing the system (use the depart system button on the side of the mini map) and re-entering seems to get it to pop up.

The same goes for those moments when everyone else beams down but you -.-
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-18-2010, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capn_pickles View Post
I explore with a regular group of friends.

On the occasion that the continue/join button doesn't show up, simply departing the system (use the depart system button on the side of the mini map) and re-entering seems to get it to pop up.

The same goes for those moments when everyone else beams down but you -.-
Yea this is my experience too. You should get a list of systems that you can "continue" (it doesn't use that word I don't think) on the lower right side of the screen. Sometimes if it vanishes I fly around until it shows up..exiting the cluster and coming back in will do it too. I was surpised yesterday how long those instances stay viable. I was messing around trying to test something in one of the clusters at 2am yesterday. I started and abandoned 3 exploration maps. Last night around 9pm I went back online and the first thing that popped up when I was in the cluster was my three missions that were started.