Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
A few weeks ago I started this thread:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=110154

Now 3 weeks later and only 1 GM reply (Monday 15th Feb) and now the only "Fix" has now gimped all the affected characters beyond playabilty

The Problem: (Pre 18th Feb Patch)
What it was, was when ever I clicked the "Hail Starfleet" button the only contact that would show everytime was the Russian Fleet action guy

I was unable to get any new missions, or hand in old missions, even if I was standing soo close to sulu that I could tell he had a banana split for lunch he would not acknowledge my existance
The Problem: (Post 18th Feb Patch)
I log in to the game on the affected characters and as soon as I click "Hail starfleet" all the contacts disappear and I get "Unable to hail starfleet" with a greyed out button, this persists untill I relog and then the whole thing starts again

I'm now unable to do ANYTHING, You name it I can't do it
PvP Quests, Exploration missions, Defend sector block missions, Episodic content Missions
Prior to the patch I had reinstalled STO on 3 different hardrives, 1 brand new, 1 External and 1 Nine month old, and loggin in using that install all warrent the same results, No missions

Will there be a fix soon or shall I wait another 3 weeks? or 6 weeks? or 9 Months? While all my fleet and friends are able to advance while I'm stuck at the LT Commander level on my main?

Normally I have faith in cryptic, now its starting to fade, I mean 3 weeks to get a game stopping problem acknowledged, only to have the "fix" make it worse

Please fix this (and try not to break it further), I know there isn't an issue with content as I've played to commander 5/6 in open and closed betas

~Genex
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-18-2010, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genex View Post

The Problem: (Post 18th Feb Patch)
I log in to the game on the affected characters and as soon as I click "Hail starfleet" all the contacts disappear and I get "Unable to hail starfleet" with a greyed out button, this persists untill I relog and then the whole thing starts again

I'm now unable to do ANYTHING, You name it I can't do it
PvP Quests, Exploration missions, Defend sector block missions, Episodic content Missions
~Genex
I've just got the same problem, and its all started with the latest patch, I click Hail Starfleet the quest appears for a second then dissapears, and the button is greyed out with unable to contact aswell
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-18-2010, 07:24 AM
Happening to me aswell. Bit of a bummer cos i was one bar from Lt.Cmdr ( Hope they fix it soon PLZZZZZZZZZZZ
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-18-2010, 07:37 AM
I have the same issue.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-18-2010, 07:43 AM
Just got this issue after travelling to Gamma Orionis for the first time.

Even logging out and in doesn't fix it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-18-2010, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cymru72
Hope they fix it soon
Seeing as how I've already waited about 3 weeks to get it to this point, I would get your popcorn now, cause its gonna be a while
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-18-2010, 09:30 AM
Got same or similar thing after todays patch. Im RA 5, cant turn in exploration quest, turned in defend sector one by talking directly to character, couldnt do it via "hail starfleet". After i droped exploration quest didnt get new one and didnt get new defend sector one.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-18-2010, 09:54 AM
I've sent a mail to one of the GMs who is working on the last problem and I brough them up to date with this new problem, I'll keep this post updated with any info
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-18-2010, 10:28 AM
While this may not be the issue you are discussing, a change did go in last night and was posted in the patch notes, that in order to clear up your remote contact list, we no longer display remote contacts that offer you missions below your level UNLESS you are in the appropriate sector where the mission takes place.

See if this is what you are describing, and if not we'll continue to investigate.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-18-2010, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
While this may not be the issue you are discussing, a change did go in last night and was posted in the patch notes, that in order to clear up your remote contact list, we no longer display remote contacts that offer you missions below your level UNLESS you are in the appropriate sector where the mission takes place.

See if this is what you are describing, and if not we'll continue to investigate.
I had this issue BEFORE last nights patch, and if anything this one has made everything worse

No matter where I am I'm not getting missions offered to me, I spent most of my time from Lt 5- Commander 2 in The Alpha centauri sector, The contact there NEVER showed up on my hail starfleet list only the Fleet actions contact, Even on my main whos "stuck" at LT Commander 5 never got a mission from the admiral there from 3-5 even though my fleetmates have

And I can't check it at all now because after opening the "Hail starfleet" dialog box I see a list of contacts for 1-2 seconds then its now empty and the button becomes greyed out with a "Unable to hail starfleet"