Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-18-2010, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
While this may not be the issue you are discussing, a change did go in last night and was posted in the patch notes, that in order to clear up your remote contact list, we no longer display remote contacts that offer you missions below your level UNLESS you are in the appropriate sector where the mission takes place.

See if this is what you are describing, and if not we'll continue to investigate.
when is the test server coming online?

It might help to locate any kind of issues similar to these ones.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-18-2010, 11:04 AM
Hey dstahl...

When are they fixing Impulse Engines? 1/3 (or more) of all of them are bugged.

Ever since the Ramming Speed 'fix' Full Impulse bonuses on engines no longer applies.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-18-2010, 11:09 AM
Guys, please do not hi-jack my thread just because a dev posted in it
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-18-2010, 11:16 AM
I've been having the same issues Genex is having. I made a post about it about a week ago and haven't heard anything. I cancelled my subscription, but will resubscribe if the problem is fixed before my subscription runs out on march 5th. From the clueless nature of the dev post in this thread, after this problem already having been around for 3 weeks, I don't think I'll be able to continue playing this game even though I'd like to. The approach Cryptic is taking to this community's problems will make the problems disappear... In other words, we are not the only ones with this problem, we're just big enough Star Trek fans to stick around for weeks posting about it.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-18-2010, 11:22 AM
Quote:
While this may not be the issue you are discussing, a change did go in last night and was posted in the patch notes, that in order to clear up your remote contact list, we no longer display remote contacts that offer you missions below your level UNLESS you are in the appropriate sector where the mission takes place.

See if this is what you are describing, and if not we'll continue to investigate.
Not to be rude but doesn't this completely defeat the purpose of hailing starfleet? I shouldn't have to fly around to different sectors to know where I can get missions? Maybe I want to farm lower level content for my alt without the pains of trying to find where stuff is to get quests.

I'd like to go on record that I disapprove of this change. I think it's a bad bad bad bad change.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-18-2010, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genex View Post
I had this issue BEFORE last nights patch, and if anything this one has made everything worse

No matter where I am I'm not getting missions offered to me, I spent most of my time from Lt 5- Commander 2 in The Alpha centauri sector, The contact there NEVER showed up on my hail starfleet list only the Fleet actions contact, Even on my main whos "stuck" at LT Commander 5 never got a mission from the admiral there from 3-5 even though my fleetmates have

And I can't check it at all now because after opening the "Hail starfleet" dialog box I see a list of contacts for 1-2 seconds then its now empty and the button becomes greyed out with a "Unable to hail starfleet"
Genex
I've forwarded your specific issue to see if QA can investigate your specific character. Please file a CS ticket as they may be the only team with the tools necessary to address your character.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-18-2010, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Genex
I've forwarded your specific issue to see if QA can investigate your specific character. Please file a CS ticket as they may be the only team with the tools necessary to address your character.
I already have a ticket open with a dwhite, and I've apprised this person of the new situation, I'm just waiting on feedback from them now, also "Specific characters",

I've had this happen already on 2 chars, I'm leveling up a 3rd to see if happens on him, as well as try a Klingon based char (different mishs might give a better insight into it)
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-18-2010, 11:43 AM
B'Tran Cluster Dailys can't report to Karbo, many having same issue seems wide spread bug.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-18-2010, 11:46 AM
Please try returning to the sector block where the missions take place as all lower level missions no longer show up on your remote contact list unless you are within the sector the mission takes place.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-18-2010, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Please try returning to the sector block where the missions take place as all lower level missions no longer show up on your remote contact list unless you are within the sector the mission takes place.
I've already done this, I was in memory Alpha on my broken main this morning, and I flew to sol base (Not transwarped) and I'm still getting "Unable to hail starfleet"