Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 21
02-18-2010, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
Please try returning to the sector block where the missions take place as all lower level missions no longer show up on your remote contact list unless you are within the sector the mission takes place.
Since it appears you are monitoring this thread. I am a Captain 10 (almost admiral) and I never did any of the Romulan Defend sector block missions. I fly back to Alpha Centauri Sector and......no options to do these missions. I can not contact the guy (Augustus Gentra or something) via the Hail.

Ok, so I fly to SB 39...he has "nothing for me".

I can also not get any explore missions except for the 5th level badges and 1 of the 2 4th level badges.

I think your implementation of the system is not working properly. It seems that You can not get any of the lower ranked missions regardless of the sector you are in.

i am posting this because otherwise my game play is working perfectly in terms of getting missions. So this should give some basis for you to understand the issue.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-18-2010, 12:38 PM
@Superpower34
Sounds alot like the bug I was experiencing pre patch, Welcome to the "Unlevelables", like the untouchables cept we can't do anything :p
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-18-2010, 12:52 PM
Quote:
While this may not be the issue you are discussing, a change did go in last night and was posted in the patch notes, that in order to clear up your remote contact list, we no longer display remote contacts that offer you missions below your level UNLESS you are in the appropriate sector where the mission takes place.

See if this is what you are describing, and if not we'll continue to investigate.
Quote:
Please try returning to the sector block where the missions take place as all lower level missions no longer show up on your remote contact list unless you are within the sector the mission takes place.
OK

Im RA 5. I cant pick up Btran cluster exploration mission with "hail starfleet" when I am in Btran mission, Btran cluster map, Gamma Orionis sector map or inside Battlegroup Omega. I can however drop and pick up some lower level patrol missions from commander Akira Sulu and I can pick up some missions from "Assignments with no location" group which are as well for lower level, while beeing in before mentioned locations.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-18-2010, 01:34 PM
same here, since the patch today I can't get the B'tran cluster missions, and I just finished the "State of Q" mission but i can't turn it in because that person won't show up in my contacts. I tried leaving the sector and coming back, tried relogging nothing fixes it.

Current RA 4 and a whole 39 points from RA 5. was kinda hoping to level with the mission..
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-18-2010, 01:55 PM
This is not user side issue its server side. It may bug user side into not working but it comes from server side data loss.

I too am stuck with no means of turning in or recieving new missions. I have exited the game EVERYWHERE got SFC to appear then disappear as fast as maintainance shuts down for schedualed repairs

Mine started when I started my end game missions with the Borg but now I cant do any of them not even the lower lvls, well I can do them but can't turn them in.

Go away kid I'm busy seems to be Cryptics attitude. No GM response for a month and we will fix it when we get back from drug rehab. Totally uncalled for.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-18-2010, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojor
Go away kid I'm busy seems to be Cryptics attitude. No GM response for a month and we will fix it when we get back from drug rehab. Totally uncalled for.
I used to be one of the "have faith in cryptic" kind of people but this whole thing has changed me and disheartened me, my motto now would be "Lifetime Subscriber - Regretting it with each lightyear"

Heres the "State of the Game" for my characters

"Main" 1st character - Stuck at LT Commander, unable to hail anyone
2nd Character - Stuck at Commander, unable to hail anyone
3rd Character - Currentlly LT 7, Disconnects each time he zones to a sector, Turrets don't spawn at times yet the C/D is assigned
I would make a bug report about my 3rd character, but the last time I made one I got brushed off with some copy/paste message which indirectly called me a liar (HERE)

Right now I feel like I've paid for a very expensive demo, I know STO used to be fun cause during Closed beta my rig was poor and I had to play is on the lowest graphic settings but I could be immersed so much that i didn't notice, But now with a high end rig, I can't get that feeling of immersion because I can't even play a mission
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-18-2010, 02:13 PM
I have this same problem. I am more than half way to RA 5 and have 3 RA 5 quests done in borg space, but I can not turn them in as those that gave them are not an option when trying to hail star fleet.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-18-2010, 02:31 PM
same problem, im RA 4 just finish all of the borg space mission but i cant hail starfleet to turn it in.
this bug need to be fix asap since it a gamestoper for us.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-18-2010, 02:35 PM
Same problem: Can't turn in Explore the B'Tran Cluster or Chart the B'Tran Cluster (Daily).
Note that I had these quets since before the patch but didn't become RA3 until today, so I did them for the first time.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-18-2010, 02:40 PM
yes I'm a LTS and paid all my money upfront. I didn't listen to all the warnings from others that got burned and now I am unfire myself.

The Cryptic kissers used to use "its beta" as their battle cry, now they use "it's a new game" its going to have bugs. BS, Cryptic is not a new company and MMO's have been around for decades now, nothing new about anything here.

If you can not play a game its useless. I did not pay for a life times ability to log on and do nothing, I paid for the ability to log on and advance my character/s. Therefor I should be able to get a refund for breech but that wont happen.

Any1 that is not paying attention to the lack of concern for fixing game stopping bugs and still thinking about subscriptions is a total fool.

Cryptic doesnt even have the balls to post replies to these issues because they know we will expect them to fix it. Just like Obama, plausable deniability.... we were unaware of it therefor we can not be held accountable. Closing your eyes or avoiding something is no excuse for failer.