Lt. Commander
# 1 Buddy Key?
02-18-2010, 08:22 AM
I clicked the link that said claim your buddy key and it took em to my account which said unused keys, is this the buddy key?

Asking becuase when i go on the page and click the key it brings me to the enter key with that key filled in?

Do i just give it to my friend if it is and he adds to his cryptic account and downloads the client anyone know please?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-18-2010, 08:38 AM
Yes thats the buddy key, you should have gotten a e-mail about it but basically yes have him put the key in for his account and then download the game.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-18-2010, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Typheron View Post
Yes thats the buddy key, you should have gotten a e-mail about it but basically yes have him put the key in for his account and then download the game.
Thanks found a post about it too they not giving away anything for recruiting friends?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-18-2010, 09:02 AM
Only 1 key?
Only 5 days?

Hum with only one key I'll end up disappointing some friends. Personally I don't want to give just one friend a key. Come on people, most of us have more then just one friend. If I have to play favorites someone's feeling are going to get hurt. If I give the key to one friend my other friends will be asking why did he / she get the key and not me.

And only 5 days is not really enough time to really get a feel for a game. Most people have jobs, school, or other responsibilitys and can only play for a few hours a day, hardly enough time to level up to LC and get your 1st real ship unless you grind open missions and how boring and tedious grinding is.

Most game I have played have given 10 keys for 10 days this give a chance to get a feel for a game past the basics, and enough keys that in most cases a person does not have to snub some of their friends.

A buddy keys are about marketing. More friends invited, more possibility of Cryptic getting more regular subscribers. Only one key with such a short life is not worth ****ing friends off.

10 keys 10 days. With a level cap makes better marketing sense.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-18-2010, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zanntis View Post

10 keys 10 days. With a level cap makes better marketing sense.

You really want overloaded servers and a ton of possible trolls infesting the game, spamming every zone and trying to crash the servers?
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-18-2010, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgp123 View Post

You really want overloaded servers and a ton of possible trolls infesting the game, spamming every zone and trying to crash the servers?
Most game servers can handle that if Cryptic's still can't they have a bigger problem. Lotro EQ2 WOW etc The gaming industry is getting more and more completive either a Co. holds up to the competition or they fail.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-18-2010, 11:56 PM
Quote:
Only 1 key?

{...}
Hum with only one key I'll end up disappointing some friends. Personally I don't want to give just one friend a key. Come on people, most of us have more then just one friend. If I have to play favorites someone's feeling are going to get hurt. If I give the key to one friend my other friends will be asking why did he / she get the key and not me.
QFT.

I'm gonna give the only key to a friend (girl) but his boyfriend (also friend of mine) is gonna kill me for sure.

Come on Cryptic... only one? I've like 5 people waiting to try it but with only 3 chars (main char, klingon fed. char and my GF char) I can't event let them have my account (that thing I did with WoW cause with one of my friends our timetable is so radically different that we could play both with the same account).

Now you can say "that account is yours only bloodybloodyblah", but I'll say "since I'm paying and I'm not spamming or anything illegal I don't see the problem here"

Come on, only one buddy key? Will I get another once the first is used? Do I have only one buddy key to give?

Bad decissions imho.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-18-2010, 11:59 PM
I got three with my collectors edition from Gamestop.

I look at them every now and then.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-20-2010, 03:36 AM
I think they should be for 10 days and 5 keys per paid for account. As for spam etc if it happens then the 5 buddy account get banned !
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-20-2010, 03:39 AM
Quote:
Come on people, most of us have more then just one friend.
Speak for yourself