Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Survivor of Romulus
# 11
09-03-2014, 04:40 AM
I'm gonna' do it as well to support the faction, as I always do, OP. We, the fans of the KDF are in such a situation that we need to work and show effort in order to get nice things. Luckily it seems to be working so far.

With recent developments this is now my only home in the game (except for my 1 Romulan char). This is only place I feel Star Trek. I'm not sure wheather I'll delete all my Fed chars or just leave them wither. Probably will start switching them to KDF eventually so the slots don't go to waste. Can't play that faction anymore at all, doesn't even remotely resemble Star Trek any more.

About our 2 ships...yeah. To be honest, I'd probably get those even without the added motivation of supporting this faction I love and enjoy. I'll be glad to do it nevertheless.
Finally a new Raptor? That's a chance I don't want to miss, I looks aggresive and very Klingon. I kinda' hoped that big tube looking thing would be a huge cannon - and it is! Sooo loving that element.
But what suprised me in a very very positive way is that new Qib Battlecruiser. Anyone that knows me around here knows I'm a cruiser/battlecruiser fanatic and I didn't expect a battlecruiser at the start of 'Delta Rising'. My main flies battlecruisers, a Fleet Mogh currently and I thought to switch him to the Raptor. However, this is new development of events. The Qib seems inspired from old-school designs and has the TOS grey hull, which I really like.
And damn son, a T6 battlecruiser with a battlecloak?! Yeah, I just became that much more evul.

So yeah, these 2 I will buy. I'd never buy the entire pack even if my life depended on it.
Bying items for a faction I will no longer play and supporting the lore and aesthetics butchery they're doing to the blue side of the game would be stupid in my eyes.
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Republic Veteran
# 12
09-03-2014, 11:44 AM
I honestly feel as if I've been punched in the gut and was forced into an abortion...

It feels as if this game was - and I don't believe it's an understatement - build solely with the Federation in mind... *3* intelligence ships... All with cloak. The KDF doesn't even have a cloak on their most advanced raptor(we all know how raptors had it bad but Odo damn!).

Why do they even bother making content for KDF anymore when their hearts are obviously not even in it...

This sad, tearful passive-aggressive rant has been brought to you by the infamous Psy_chic
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
Still ugly as sin, those Fed ships. Sorry to be blunt, just speaking my mind.
Empire Veteran
# 13
09-03-2014, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlotte View Post
I honestly feel as if I've been punched in the gut and was forced into an abortion...

It feels as if this game was - and I don't believe it's an understatement - build solely with the Federation in mind... *3* intelligence ships... All with cloak. The KDF doesn't even have a cloak on their most advanced raptor(we all know how raptors had it bad but Odo damn!).

Why do they even bother making content for KDF anymore when their hearts are obviously not even in it...

This sad, tearful passive-aggressive rant has been brought to you by the infamous Psy_chic
From the ship announcement thread

"The MaHa Raptor is the most advanced tactical vessel in the KDF fleet. This Tier 6 starship is designed to have unparalleled forward firepower capable of delivering volleys of devastating torpedo fire at its enemies. It is equipped with a Cloaking Device. The MaHa also comes equipped with a Heavy Disruptor Nose Cannon universal console. This console can unleash a sustained barrage of disruptor fire to any starship that enters its range of fire. Enemy ships hit by this weapon will have their engines knocked offline for a short time. "
toDuj 'oS rol.
Republic Veteran
# 14
09-03-2014, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipagat View Post
From the ship announcement thread

"The MaHa Raptor is the most advanced tactical vessel in the KDF fleet. This Tier 6 starship is designed to have unparalleled forward firepower capable of delivering volleys of devastating torpedo fire at its enemies. It is equipped with a Cloaking Device. The MaHa also comes equipped with a Heavy Disruptor Nose Cannon universal console. This console can unleash a sustained barrage of disruptor fire to any starship that enters its range of fire. Enemy ships hit by this weapon will have their engines knocked offline for a short time. "
Oh, thank Kahless. Perhaps I DO need new glasses. I'm very glad to see that! I'm not the only one who missed that though. I'll be sure to spread a wee bit of good news!
Quote:
Survivor of Romulus
# 15
09-03-2014, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlotte View Post
Oh, thank Kahless. Perhaps I DO need new glasses. I'm very glad to see that! I'm not the only one who missed that though. I'll be sure to spread a wee bit of good news!
Don't forget that the new T6 battlecruiser is equiped with battlecloak, which is also awesome.
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Republic Veteran
# 16
09-03-2014, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Don't forget that the new T6 battlecruiser is equiped with battlecloak, which is also awesome.
It does my heart very, very good to see a tried and true warrior never balking from the last faction with even a trace of true TNG Trek feel! The Romulans might have had it - even under D'tan's direction if it were not for Tovan.

Logically this grim, grim news should have turned me off of the KDF largely but all it's doing is solidifying my stubbornness to refuse actively playing as a Blue.

Now more than ever we need Klingons. We need people to show Fedyptic that developing ships for the KDF is quite profitable!

vulchoHbe' tlhInganpu'. yIn DayajmeH 'oy' yISIQ.

'utbe' bel.

"Klingons never faint." "To understand life, endure pain." "'Pleasure' is nonessential"

Qapla'!
Quote:
Empire Veteran
# 17
09-03-2014, 01:02 PM
The ships look are great... but only 2 kdf (both sure i will pay for them... later my upgrades)... well both sound genial... my engineer enjoy the ship. I hope the upgrades for Tokhat and Fleet Voquv will be good

Qapla'
Empire Veteran
# 18
09-03-2014, 01:26 PM
As always I will back my beloved Empire and pick up both T6 ships immediately and at some point down the line I will grab the Romulan vessels as well. But I have not purchased a Fed ship in two years and I don't plan on getting any in the future. Maybe if Cryptic reversed the choices they have been making and back tracked to provide some distinction between the factions then I would probably play my Fed toons again. As of right now my Feds sit twiddling their thumbs while their ships collect dust between events.
"We are the United Federation of Planets and we come in peace....unless you have something we want, or refuse to join us, then you have no choice."
Better dead then Fed!
Republic Veteran
# 19
09-03-2014, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon653 View Post
But I have not purchased a Fed ship in two years and I don't plan on getting any in the future. As of right now my Feds sit twiddling their thumbs while their ships collect dust between events.
Better Red than Fed!
Quote:
Empire Veteran
# 20
09-03-2014, 01:51 PM
And as for the Fed cloaking, well give it what 3 days before they find out that it doesn't magically bestow skill or knowledge like they think...
toDuj 'oS rol.