Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
my example of this is i have explosives trained and i cannot train chroniton mines 3. this is not the only one.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-18-2010, 06:56 PM
bump... still not noticed by the devs?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-18-2010, 07:26 PM
Have you gone to space dock? By training up Explosives, you've only unlocked the ability to train Chroniton Mine Barrier, but you still need to go to the skill trainer to do so.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-18-2010, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoxe
Have you gone to space dock? By training up Explosives, you've only unlocked the ability to train Chroniton Mine Barrier, but you still need to go to the skill trainer to do so.
Are you sure? I've trained one of my officers with Jam Sensors III, and I never had to go to skill trainer to do so. (I was able to do it in space, on my ship.) Not trying to call you out or anything, Phoxe, but I'm not sure you have to go to the skill trainer...

(Now, the fact that Science Team III isn't on my list even though, according to the skill page (and Scientist 9) it should be, is another issue entirely. Now I know you're supposed to have Doctor III as well, I hear...)
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-18-2010, 07:41 PM
The way I understood it to work is that you could only train skills of your own profession. I have many things at level 9, but only the Tactical skills every show up on training because I am a tactical officer.

Phoxe, you're great, but seriously learn your own game... level 3 boff skills you can train through level 9 player skills are trained through a button on your paperdoll pagey thing, not at the skill trainer
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-18-2010, 07:46 PM
Well I THOUGHT I was sure, Fractal, but I'll certainly be looking into this to verify now. Either way, if you're facing this problem, give the skill trainer a shot and see if you can train the ability to a BOff as a result.

As far as Science Team, Fractal? We're aware of that bug. Currently, in order to unlock that skill as trainable, you need to have 9 ranks in Doctor.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-18-2010, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Well I THOUGHT I was sure, Fractal, but I'll certainly be looking into this to verify now. Either way, if you're facing this problem, give the skill trainer a shot and see if you can train the ability to a BOff as a result.

As far as Science Team, Fractal? We're aware of that bug. Currently, in order to unlock that skill as trainable, you need to have 9 ranks in Doctor.
Oh, hey, it's no biggie to me; I wasn't trying make you look bad or anything. I just wanted to say that I've gotten it to work without having to go to the Skill Trainer. (I am truly sorry if it sounded like I was; I honestly was just trying to say how I haven't had to do that.)

That's good to know about the 9 ranks in Doctor for Science Team III. So, I'm guessing the bug is the fact that Doctor should say 'all 9 ranks...' instead of Scientist, like it does at the moment? I'll be sure to keep it in mind when I respec my Science Captain.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-18-2010, 07:58 PM
Have you guys tried going to the bridge officer that you're trying to train and clicking the Train button there (as opposed to the Train Officer button on your status sheet)?
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-18-2010, 08:13 PM
Quote:

I've been having this same issue. I've just not really said anything about it yet. been sick and not wanting to type.

Since I'm feeling a bit better and someone else brought it up here is a list of the powers I should be able to train but cannot.

Scientist rank > Science team 3
Starship Torpedo weapons > High yield 3
Starship beam > Fire at will 3
Starship shild efficiency > Emergency power to shields 3
Starship Shield performance > Extend shields 3

These are the ones that are working properly. At least for me.

Xenobiology > Tricorder scan 3
Exogeology > Gravemetric shift 3
Starship deflector field> Feedback pulse 3
Starship Sensor Array > Jam Sensors 3
Starship Tractor Beam > Tractor beam 3
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-18-2010, 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakirn View Post
Have you guys tried going to the bridge officer that you're trying to train and clicking the Train button there (as opposed to the Train Officer button on your status sheet)?
Just checked. The same list appears