Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-18-2010, 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquizitor View Post
I've been having this same issue. I've just not really said anything about it yet. been sick and not wanting to type.

Since I'm feeling a bit better and someone else brought it up here is a list of the powers I should be able to train but cannot.

Scientist rank > Science team 3
Starship Torpedo weapons > High yield 3
Starship beam > Fire at will 3
Starship shild efficiency > Emergency power to shields 3
Starship Shield performance > Extend shields 3

These are the ones that are working properly. At least for me.

Xenobiology > Tricorder scan 3
Exogeology > Gravemetric shift 3
Starship deflector field> Feedback pulse 3
Starship Sensor Array > Jam Sensors 3
Starship Tractor Beam > Tractor beam 3
It sounds like you're a Science captain. You can only train officers with skills from your tree. HY3 and FAW3 are Tactical and EPtS3 and ES3 are Engineering. That's working as intended.

Science Team 3 is coming from Doctor 9 at the moment, not Scientist.
Lt. Commander
# 12 Science Team III
02-18-2010, 08:30 PM
In game, right now, Scientist (Lt Commander Skill) says that it allows Science team III to be taught to officers.

I am indeed a Sci officer. With Scientist 9. I cannot train my sci bridge officers with Science Team III. Not in space, on station, or at the skills trainer.

Bugged, Hope it is fixed soon.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-18-2010, 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakirn View Post
It sounds like you're a Science captain. You can only train officers with skills from your tree. HY3 and FAW3 are Tactical and EPtS3 and ES3 are Engineering. That's working as intended.

Science Team 3 is coming from Doctor 9 at the moment, not Scientist.
Since when?
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-19-2010, 03:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquizitor View Post
Since when?
a bit above in this very same thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoxe
As far as Science Team, Fractal? We're aware of that bug. Currently, in order to unlock that skill as trainable, you need to have 9 ranks in Doctor.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-19-2010, 03:34 AM
The whole Sci Team 3 has been a known bug since launch... the work around is fine, but hopefully we get a free respec when the fix is in.

I've heard that you could only train skills of your class, but that doesn't seem right. Has any devs confirmed that?
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-19-2010, 04:23 AM
Quote:
I've heard that you could only train skills of your class, but that doesn't seem right. Has any devs confirmed that?
Can't see if a dev has commented on it, but the curent system seems fine to me, why allow a Scientist Cpt to train "Special" skills in Tactical and Engineering? Kind of defeats the object of having different Cpt Classes.

Stop *****ing about it, get used to it, deal with it, play or close the door on your way out.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-19-2010, 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horem View Post
Can't see if a dev has commented on it, but the curent system seems fine to me, why allow a Scientist Cpt to train "Special" skills in Tactical and Engineering? Kind of defeats the object of having different Cpt Classes.

Stop *****ing about it, get used to it, deal with it, play or close the door on your way out.
If its working as it should then they need to remove the part of the tooltip that says I can train (skill).
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-19-2010, 07:32 AM
It does not state that "you Can train" it says "Unlocks", completely different.
If every class got access to every skill the game would be come very pointless very fast.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-19-2010, 07:59 AM
Quote:

Quote:
It does not state that "you Can train" it says "Unlocks", completely different.
If every class got access to every skill the game would be come very pointless very fast.
Then they should specify that in the skill tree. Because it has not been officially communicated to the players. The manual also is extremely vague...honestly, most of the questions I had have been answered by other users on a guess basis...

As a new player, you guide yourself by what the manual or the game tells you, and the game SAYS you can unlock the skills but does not specify you can only train on a career specific line. Now we all spent all these points and no way to get them back.

So, before you flame people on a valid issue, release that king kong grip from your little pecker, and let some blood into your brain, so you can think about the whole picture.

This company needs to do a better job in two aspects:
Documentation
Communication

Right now, they are terrible at it, and it will start to show in reviews very soon.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-19-2010, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleriel
a bit above in this very same thread:
and how does that explain your statement that Science officers are not able to train Extend shields or High yield Torpedo 3?

The skill itself specifically tells you you gain the ability upon training it all the way up. Not being able to would be a bug. Heck not being able to would render the entire training system useless for anyone who doesn't fly the classes ships. You can never have Lt Cmd level science officers on a Cruiser for instance. It would make very little sense to restrict it that way. It must be a bug.