Lt. Commander
# 1 STO Loader not loading
02-18-2010, 09:14 AM
For the past day or so, when I've tried to open STO through the loader (as the shortcuts are defaulted for), I get the loader window opens and it's a blank window with the only text on it being in the title bar.

Before you ask, I'm running XP Pro SP2 (32-bit), got a 3GHz P4 (I know, under-spec, but it ran the Beta and it runs the Retail), 2GB of DDR1 RAM (Max 2GB of DDR1 ~OR~ DDR2 RAM on this board), 1GB PCIe GeForce 9400GT (Low Profile card), I don't have any firewalls or AV blocking the program from running, and the program (both loader and game) was working on Wednesday at about 4am AEDT (GMT +11, 5pm Tuesday GMT).
I can bypass the loader and get into STO itself, but even doing so it times out when trying to log in.

Here's a screenshot of the loader with said problem:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y12...oaderError.jpg

That's about as much detail about the problem I have, though personally I'd say it's an update that hasn't been downloaded yet, but that's my opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-18-2010, 09:15 AM
Try cleaning out your cookies and cache,this worked for me and a mate of mine that had the same problem.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-18-2010, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinhealer
Try cleaning out your cookies and cache,this worked for me and a mate of mine that had the same problem.
I doubt clearing out my Firefox cookies (which, incidentally will kill all my stored logins and force me to manually re-login each forum and website such as this place I access next time I restart Firefox after it gets fragged on me by Windows) is going to really affect the STO Launcher.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-18-2010, 09:27 AM
Well it does.

Also make sure your IE is not set to "work offline" the launcher uses IE to launch so you should also check that.

Edit-- I don't use firefox myself but I know with google chrome emptying my cookies folder does not delete my passwords,that is a separate box that I can tick or untick,though like I said I do not use firefox.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-18-2010, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technous285
I doubt clearing out my Firefox cookies (which, incidentally will kill all my stored logins and force me to manually re-login each forum and website such as this place I access next time I restart Firefox after it gets fragged on me by Windows) is going to really affect the STO Launcher.

The launcher uses a mshtml code based on IE. SO as sinhealer said, it will affect the launcher if you flush your cookies.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-18-2010, 09:32 AM
I don't use Internet Exploder. As such, it never gets set to work offline (only Firefox or Opera, and that's when I'm reopening a heck of a lot of webpages and don't want them to drop the computer's reaction speed to that of a 486). Heck, I only use Windows simply because all my games are made for it.

And as I said, I don't 'flush' cookies, I cherry pick and kill the ones for either freaking ads or Google, as the rest of them are for each and every damn forum and website I log in to, so I don't have to waste a few hours logging back in every time Windows crashes Firefox on me.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-18-2010, 09:34 AM
Trust me it would not be the 1st time that IE would change itself to off-line mode.

It seems you came here with a problem and when I try to help you just dismiss it without even trying.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-18-2010, 09:50 AM
Here's a crazy idea, if it IS IE that is the problem, let's see what happens when I tell it to upgrade from IE6 (default with XP) to IE8! I should be back in 10 minutes, that is if it doesn't take longer to get the system fully rebooted and back up and running in Windows.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-18-2010, 09:58 AM
Most of the time when it does that, you just need to clear the IE file cache. Upgrading to IE8 doesn't hurt and is probably a good idea anyway though :-)
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-18-2010, 10:09 AM
Yeah, small problem with clearing the IE file cache is said cache shouldn't exist as IE is never used.
Though the upgrade to IE8 has now worked a dream... interesting...

Oh well, Que Sera Sera. (#"Whatever will be, will be. The future's not ours to see. Que Sera Sera."#)