Lt. Commander
# 1 A Dreadnaught Class?
02-18-2010, 09:34 AM
I wonder if anyone remembers the Star Trek Book titled Dreadnaught? There was a Dreadnaught in one of the Star Trek movies, so I was wondering if they'll ever have a Dreadnaught Class ship in this game? I think that if they don't have one now, they should, and it would be monster cool, with like ten Phaser Banks and also ten Photon Torpedo Banks! I remember, in the book titled Dreadnaught, that the weapon specs shown in that book for the Dreadnaught Class had that many Phaser Banks and Photon Torpedo Banks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-18-2010, 09:40 AM
I imagine you can ask a few Klingon players what it feels like to bust out the Vo'quv Dreadnaught if it makes you feel better about the situation (seriously, those things are ridiculously huge. It's not even funny. I hear reports they handle like a drunk duck in a diaper, as well).

The only Federation dreadnaught in the game, though, is the Jupiter-class that I do believe the Klingon players get on the recieving end of at least once (or I at least hope so - I've been hammered on by NUMEROUS Vo'quv before, and it sucks).

I imagine the people in Star/Assault Cruisers right now are facepalming in unison from reading this post, too, because the handling problems for any ship larger then those are going to be massively increased. Not very fun to pilot, and a lot less effective then you would imagine.

EDIT: It's a slow news day for me. >_>
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-18-2010, 09:41 AM
I seem to recall having to destroy a Dreadnaught in a fleet action last night....

Halting the Gorn Advance I beleive.... Argelius Sector, Regulus Sector Block.....

-Bemm

Edit sorry it's 4 am in the morning, I didn't think you could have meant as a playable ship class...

Definitely a cool idea, but i'll stick to my funky science ship thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-18-2010, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bemmie View Post
I seem to recall having to destroy a Dreadnaught in a fleet action last night....

Halting the Gorn Advance I beleive.... Argelius Sector, Regulus Sector Block.....

-Bemm
Yuh, that was the Vo'quv. At the moment, only Klingon players actually have access to a Dreadnaught.. and again, most of what I've heard about them has been negative. >.>

At least in comparison to the other Klingon ships available.
Lt. Commander
# 5 A Dreadnaught Class?
02-18-2010, 09:50 AM
I'm glad that there is a Federation Dreadnaught in this game, but is it one that is only NPC-Playable, or can I get one at the right time?
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-18-2010, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeWarrior2552
I'm glad that there is a Federation Dreadnaught in this game, but is it one that is only NPC-Playable, or can I get one at the right time?
It's NPC-only at the moment, and I hope it stays that way honestly.

Waaay too big a hassle to control properly.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-18-2010, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeWarrior2552
I wonder if anyone remembers the Star Trek Book titled Dreadnaught? There was a Dreadnaught in one of the Star Trek movies, so I was wondering if they'll ever have a Dreadnaught Class ship in this game? I think that if they don't have one now, they should, and it would be monster cool, with like ten Phaser Banks and also ten Photon Torpedo Banks! I remember, in the book titled Dreadnaught, that the weapon specs shown in that book for the Dreadnaught Class had that many Phaser Banks and Photon Torpedo Banks!
I remember that book! It was hilariuos. Especially the drunken Scottie scene with the KLingons on the golf course.
Lt. Commander
# 8 A Dreadnaught Class?
02-18-2010, 10:06 AM
Thanks for all the answers on this question! I only asked, because I was wondering if there was a Federation Dreadnaught in the game or not! I think, if it ever becomes a playable Class-Type, that it would be perfect for a Fleet Admiral!
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-18-2010, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YuriFoxfirega
It's NPC-only at the moment, and I hope it stays that way honestly.

Waaay too big a hassle to control properly.
Well to be fair it's not like you'd really have to "handle" a huge ship like that too much. It'd probably be able to bear like 8-10 weapons in any direction so having to "maneuver" it in any specific way would probably not be very critical.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-18-2010, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YuriFoxfirega
I imagine you can ask a few Klingon players what it feels like to bust out the Vo'quv Dreadnaught if it makes you feel better about the situation (seriously, those things are ridiculously huge. It's not even funny. I hear reports they handle like a drunk duck in a diaper, as well).

The only Federation dreadnaught in the game, though, is the Jupiter-class that I do believe the Klingon players get on the recieving end of at least once (or I at least hope so - I've been hammered on by NUMEROUS Vo'quv before, and it sucks).

I imagine the people in Star/Assault Cruisers right now are facepalming in unison from reading this post, too, because the handling problems for any ship larger then those are going to be massively increased. Not very fun to pilot, and a lot less effective then you would imagine.

EDIT: It's a slow news day for me. >_>
Yeah. I cant imagine a federation cruiser. Being a star cruiser captain and one forced to use the Mk IV efficient engines (because they are in fact efficient and boost my stats) I hate turning. And when I fight those Vo\quv's I never see them move. They just plant them selves against a solid surface so all attacks have to be broad side and just sit there spamming 30 bazillion flying things so you cant even see them through the mess and shoot. Dont do that much damage though (power drain... without eps transer and emergency power to weapons I can broad side for about 5 seconds)