Lt. Commander
# 21
02-19-2010, 03:41 PM
I also have been getting the message since the patch.... I had just updated the driver in Dec... I am running a GeForce 9700M GTS... Vista 64...

I downloaded and installed the latest.. same issue...
Lt. Commander
# 22 Drivers
02-19-2010, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekaoh
I just patched STO up to the current version released February 18th, and now it's saying it will not run properly because my drivers are old and that I should update my drivers. I am running the latest stable driver (195.62). STO runs fine if I tell it to ignore this and run with default settings anyway. Seems there is just a bug with how the launcher detects the driver version with the new patch.

Anyone else have the same thing?
It did me the same way and i am ****ed after paying 45 for the game and 30 for a game card!!!
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-19-2010, 04:58 PM
I'm running a quadro fx 1800, current driver DL, still get the erroy, but UNABLE to access game!

"You are not allowed to log into thius server at this time."

I thought it might just be full, but i spent 10 minutes repetivley relogging in to no avail. Course, a pop issue would be garbage anyway, you don't sell a game and not let people play it.

Course, that's what it l;ooks like the driver issue is doing to me at this point anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-19-2010, 05:54 PM
just hit default, you shouldnt see a problem.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-19-2010, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discaimed
I am getting the same issue.

There is a new Driver out which you have to manually search for (i.e. find what series your card is etc)
While if you choose the auto update/check on Nvidia it will say you are up to date.

Unfortunately the new Driver is only available for PC's there is no Driver I believe out yet for the Laptop series graphics card as the new patch says it does not support the series I have.

I have a NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT - The Notebook Version.

Guess I will just have to wait till Nvidia release it..
Same here, I have a laptop that uses a NVIDIA GeForce GT 230M, you and I are going to have to wait for the update. However thus far, the game seems to run fine with me.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-20-2010, 01:02 AM
Quote:
I'm running a quadro fx 1800, current driver DL, still get the erroy, but UNABLE to access game!

"You are not allowed to log into thius server at this time."

I thought it might just be full, but i spent 10 minutes repetivley relogging in to no avail. Course, a pop issue would be garbage anyway, you don't sell a game and not let people play it.

Course, that's what it l;ooks like the driver issue is doing to me at this point anyway.
it might be because you didnt enter your retail key.

hers the link to it http://www.startrekonline.com/activate
Lt. Commander
# 27 Nvidia laptop drivers
02-20-2010, 05:36 PM
I found that the beta version of the latest Nvidia drivers fixed my issue with my interaction window not showing up in game. Here's the link to the beta drivers. Release date 12-15-09.

I still get the warning about old drivers, but when I use the default settings everything works great.

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us
Lt. Commander
# 28 Dual NVidia GeForce 8700 GT
02-20-2010, 10:42 PM
Sigh... Makes me sad. After the patch I did the same thing. I got the message and then installed the most up to date drivers from nvidia. I still have the message though.

I don't know what to do now.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-21-2010, 07:45 PM
same here it was working fine until the last update now the fps are crap i am running a Nvidia 8400 GS with the last drivers i am trying to get the beta drivers and i will see if that works
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-22-2010, 09:15 AM
Weird behavior for Nvidia card(196.21 driver, Vista64 ) in my case,

Inside a wormhole -> serious lag, about 15 fps with Display mode set to "Fullscreen"

Same graphical settings but I changed display mode to "Window Maximized", everything looked like fullscreen but it is now 60+++ fps.