Lt. Commander
# 21
02-18-2010, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CandymanCD View Post
Perhaps if we had made an omelet instead, would that have made you happy?
LMAO. Both I and my crew aboard the USS Baby Killer got a good laugh out of that one. Warp Factor eight and Gas Mark seven.

Al
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-18-2010, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Tar
Never got that mission, where is it?

And that may sound cruel, but after seeing that DS9 episode I don't have a big problem with something like that. http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/The_Abandoned_(episode)

Jem'hadar were genetic engineered to be killing machines. They are worse than the Borg. If you take the implants of a Borg you get a pretty normal being. If you take a Jem'hadar out of his native environment he still becomes a killing machine that tries to kill everything that can't transform itself into jelly.
I see your "The Abandoned" and raise you Hippocratic Oath. Not all Jem'Hadar are killing machines and actually view themselves as slaves.

What if one of the babies I just killed could have grown up to free his people from madness, just like Surak did for the Vulcans?

I'm the monster, the killing machine... and I resign my comission.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-18-2010, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorgothPl View Post
Actually I often wondered why the hell Starfleet were acting llike fools in series. You find a hatchery of enemy soldiers, and you do nothing, but breed Jem'Hadar and then let him go. THere is 0 chance Jem'Hadar will become artist, politician, whatever else. His only duty is to kill Federation officers. So you have to destroy them in whatever way you can.

And anyone speaking of Federation high morals - didn't Sisko murder Romulan ambassador to con Star Empire to join war on Federation side? Didn't he betray Federation allies - Klingons - by inviting Garrick and letting him listen all the classified information? Didn't Picard run black intelligence op inside Cardassian border?
the episode in which the romulan died was about the moral dilemma of it, that argument is idiotic.

Black ops against the cardassians? sure, black ops are fine

KILLING BABIES is not trek.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-18-2010, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorgothPl View Post
And anyone speaking of Federation high morals - didn't Sisko murder Romulan ambassador to con Star Empire to join war on Federation side? Didn't he betray Federation allies - Klingons - by inviting Garrick and letting him listen all the classified information? Didn't Picard run black intelligence op inside Cardassian border?
Garak was the one who assassinated the Romulan ambassador. Sisko didn't make the decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusds89 View Post
What if one of the babies I just killed could have grown up to free his people from madness, just like Surak did for the Vulcans?
The unborn Jem'Hadar in incubator two... he was going to grow up and become a Jem'Hadar version of Hugh.
Lt. Commander
# 25
Cryptic needs to just set forth the understanding that no infants are involved when it comes to killing, or blowing up ships. Period. If they ever do flesh out the Klingons, Romulans, or Borg factions...Fed ships often have families. I don't consider destroying the young or helpless of anything, sentient or not, to be pleasant.

But I also disagree with many in our society that the unborn are not people, and thus fair game for disposal. So it's easy for me to find this unpleasant. I will probably skip this mission, if I can.
Lt. Commander
# 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quest_techie
KILLING BABIES is not trek.
Not even slightly. Seriously, if a writer tossed in something like this or the Romulan/Undine infiltration bit as an episode storyline for a show, do you think it would get through? It wouldn't even pass muster in the licensed books or comics.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-18-2010, 11:39 AM
Let's be clear: Jem'Hadar are biological weapons. By definition, they are sentient, but unless they are victims of a genetic defect do not possess free will.

Killing them is largely no different than taking an antibacterial agent when you are ill.

What did you think was going to happen when the Federation destroyed ketracel white production facilities? Were the Jem'Hadar--adults, infants, and every abbreviated stage in between--going to die of hugs and cuddles, or devastating withdrawals?
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-18-2010, 11:39 AM
well your vegetarian hippie picard captain might not, but my red meat eating womanising kirk captain would happily hop into that pit and stomp those eggs into jem'hadar omelettes.

there's quite a few examples of various starfleet officers doing horrible things, you've got guys willing to kill data just to see how he works, fleeties willing to infect the founders and the borg, captains willing to look the other way as ambassadors are killed and entire factions are pulled into war, captains willing to kill aliens to use them as a fuel source, captains willing to sacrifice other captains lives as negotiation tactics. I'm quite sure that somewhere in this rogues gallery of starfleet officers there's atleast one baby killer in there.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-18-2010, 11:41 AM
Killing babies? seriously? The Jem'Hadar ARE biological weapons and viewed as a violation of treatise against biological weapons and genetic enhancements. You're not killing babies, you're shutting down an illegal experiment. Yes starfleet would absolutely do this.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-18-2010, 11:44 AM
awww, look at the cute borg babies, how could anyone ever hurt them, oh wait crap they are assimilating me help get them off of me!!
Closed Thread