Lt. Commander
Quote:
Automated Defense Turrent
Rare Ship Tactical Console

Bound

Directed Energy Distribution Manifolds Increase the damage of all starship beam weapons.

45 Plasma Damage

Value: 0.
[Image Link]

Quote:
Automated Defense Battery
This ship item slots into the Tactical Console slot. Tactical Module that grants the ship a passive 360 arc attack power with a short range.

Soooo. What does this do? Adds 45 Plasma Damage to all my beam attacks? Or is a passive attack power when i get close to someone? Seems the two descriptions differ. Anyone got any clues / can shed some light on this? lol.

PS. I'm at work so i can't just test it myself :/
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 02:28 PM
Reports from people who've used this in game indicate that it is exactly as advertised.

It is a passive 45dmg plasma turret which fires on whatever is closest to you within about a 3km range and takes a tactical bridge console slot. Users say it's better than expected, great at shooting down plasma torps, mines, energy drainers, fighters, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 02:38 PM
Thanks for the screen shot. But yeah that is weird. I'd /bug it as a text error. Most people are as the last guy said saying that in game it actually does what it claims to do. A passive defense weapon great for mines and other small easily blown up stuff.

I'll have to check when I get home if mine is the same way and /bug it if it is.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2010, 02:46 PM
I have it currently equipped, so far only tested it against other ships. BUT those ships at the time had fighters flying around and the passive weapon seemed to know to change fire - I had the cruiser targeted but the Auto Defense was picking off the fighters for me. Incredibly helpful in my cruiser. If it works the same way with other incoming projectiles, I'll be thrilled and try and find a way to put it on each ship I have.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2010, 02:49 PM
Sounds quite awesome -- I look forward to testing it tonight.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-02-2010, 02:57 PM
Ack, I want blue items so bad. Do you ever get blues from mission rewards, or is it pretty much only drops?
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-02-2010, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balendor
Ack, I want blue items so bad. Do you ever get blues from mission rewards, or is it pretty much only drops?
The ADB is a preorder bonus item, so if you don't have it now chances are you never will (unless they sell it in the C-store at one point).
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-02-2010, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balendor
I recall getting a blue engine as a reward option for a klingon sector episode at the end of open beta.

It was called an 'Efficient' engine, and it had some NICE power bonuses, in addition to having a high maneuvering bonus.

Never got any farther than that before the beta wipe, but it would not surprise me to find more such rewards for episodes.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-02-2010, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUE_The6BillionKgMan
The ADB is a preorder bonus item, so if you don't have it now chances are you never will (unless they sell it in the C-store at one point).
Ahh, ok. Now that you say that, I think I remember that offer. I went to Borg bridge officer route, but I haven't entered my retail key yet.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-02-2010, 03:49 PM
So on top of providing point defense, it also boosts beam weapons, and you'll otherwise never be to find it or earn it in game. Really, if they're going to sell nice stuff like this on the side, they may as well just make the game free-to-play.