Lt. Commander
# 1 WTB Wowhead/Thottbot of STO
02-18-2010, 12:35 PM
Please?

If you've never done a particular mission before or dont know where to obtain that MK IV shield or simply dont know where to find Memory Alpha system etc. a Wowhead/Thottbot website that databases all information you might need or want would be invaluable.

Playing wow, i almost always have wowhead open just in case i find something interesting i want to look up. Compare shields, find out where to find P'Jem system, how do i complete the Borg missions etc.

If anyone has attempted to post in zone chat or fleet chat, about something that you just cant figure out, and gotten either no reply or nothing but garbage replies making fun of the fact that they know the answer and you dont.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-18-2010, 12:42 PM
Grab a mission straight out of your journal and type its title into google and see what you find. See if there is anything even remotely close to showing you mission info for star trek online.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-18-2010, 12:48 PM
give it time for playerbase knowledge to build up. There is no ability to customise a UI or use addons, from what I can tell, which both thottbot and wowhead required.

closest thing i can think of is an STO player-ran wiki.

But yes, I agree, this needs to happen eventually.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-18-2010, 12:50 PM
F12 = customize UI.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-18-2010, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyPwns View Post
F12 = customize UI.
Yes .. the game allows you to move the UI elements around ... but that isn't really helpful for somone who wants a Thottbot-like add-on that will collect and report information about in-game items.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-18-2010, 12:56 PM
Took me days to find out that the resource battle missions were bugged and that i didnt have to find a pvp that specifically stated 'resource battle'. Nobody knew the answer and there was no website i could go to for information on that specific mission. Also took me days to figure out where to go for pvp rewards and that i shouldnt grind kahless expanse after LC7. If nobody in the know posts a reply in fleet chat or zone chat... well your pretty much buggered unless your lucky enough to find it on this forum or on google.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-18-2010, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouseno4 View Post
Please?

If you've never done a particular mission before or dont know where to obtain that MK IV shield or simply dont know where to find Memory Alpha system etc. a Wowhead/Thottbot website that databases all information you might need or want would be invaluable.

Playing wow, i almost always have wowhead open just in case i find something interesting i want to look up. Compare shields, find out where to find P'Jem system, how do i complete the Borg missions etc.

If anyone has attempted to post in zone chat or fleet chat, about something that you just cant figure out, and gotten either no reply or nothing but garbage replies making fun of the fact that they know the answer and you dont.
Somthing ya just can't rush. Provided the game stays popular enough, it's something I'm certain you'll see eventually. Till' then you'll have to be patient.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-18-2010, 01:02 PM
Somehow I doubt WoWHead or Thottbot had much useful information on them 16 days after WoW's release, assuming those sites were up at all.
Lt. Commander
# 9 duh
08-09-2010, 09:58 PM
man they used a addon that sent them user info daily so wowhead and thotbot were great info spots. hope there is a sto one soon
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-09-2010, 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouseno4 View Post
Please?

WoW has a playebase in excess of 10 million. You're simply not going to see anything of the scope of WoWhead or Thottbot in most other MMORPGs.

The closest you're going to get are a few user-updated wikis.
Closed Thread