Lt. Commander
# 11
08-09-2010, 11:11 PM
There is STO-intel, but something as extensive as those types of websites is probably not required at this moment. STO doesn't have the large amount of unique equipment that WOW or **** has, the specific drops for each type of mob, nor the extensive crafting system to require something as impressive as WoWhead or Aionarmory. I feel that something like Paragon Wiki is all that we need. I don't want a game where I need to rely on a specific website or have a doctorate in Star Trek Online to know what I am doing in this game.
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-16-2010, 08:35 PM
...why? There aren't anywhere near enough items to merit this.

Oh look...mX of that item...oh look...it looks the same...oh look, it has increased severity or chance...yaaaayyyy...

The items in this game suck!
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-17-2010, 11:26 AM
I am happy that STO has no thott. equivalent.Why?At least you need to use your brain(sometimes).With such online databases all the little secrets disappear,every player will know everything.I want to learn with playing the game,experimenting and picking up little pieces of information on the forum/google.This is what makes a game interesting(for me).
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-18-2010, 09:46 AM
Loot is very linear and standardized in this game. You get all important quests handed to you via the "Hail Star Fleet" Button. Crafting information is also at a push of a button. And I dont think that drop rate of items is any different between one type of mob versus another.

The only thing I check is the accolade list if a mission has an exploration accolade.

Thus, why have a Thottbot type of place when you know all the information is easily available.
Lt. Commander
# 15 There is this
06-19-2011, 09:21 PM
Found this on ZAM. Contribute content and build it up. http://www.zam.com/wiki/Star_Trek_Online
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-19-2011, 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggard View Post
Somehow I doubt WoWHead or Thottbot had much useful information on them 16 days after WoW's release, assuming those sites were up at all.
You would be incorrect. Thott started working on Thottbot while WoW was still in Friends & Family Alpha. It was an offshoot (and expansion) of Afterlife's existing site. The same site he used for in-depth Bard analysis is what eventually birthed Thottbot.

So yeah, when WoW came out, Thottbot had most of the release version's items already listed.

But as the old saying goes, if you want something done right (or at all)......
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-19-2011, 10:15 PM
1st.. Wow.. hello, Zombie thread.

2nd - I know a few of the sites have limited info in this manner.

stowiki.org for missions, locations, ships, officers, and some items

http://www.stoacademy.com/datacore/items.php Item spreadsheet.
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-19-2011, 11:43 PM
Great... Now you've forced WishStone to bring out her zombie shovel...
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-20-2011, 02:00 AM
In before the zombie shovel.
I have my silver tiped phaser at the ready
:-)
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-20-2011, 09:46 AM
*fends off the Zombies*

I'm amazed no one mentioned the STO Wiki yet!
Closed Thread