Lt. Commander
# 1 Gorm base?
02-18-2010, 12:50 PM
So I am exploring Delta Voronis (sp?) and I am in an unexplored system. My officer tells me there is an unknown Gorm base in the system and I am supposed to check it out.

Problem? I can't find it!

I don't know where it is..I fly around aimlessly looking. I scan, but that just tells me '3 anomalies found' etc...no icons on my compass, nothing i can point to and go to this base

Now i had a similar explore mission where i had to find 4 or 5 anomalies, and same thing. I lucked out on that because I luckily found them by just flying around aimlessly..but isn't there a better way?

Any input welcome.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-18-2010, 12:53 PM
Try checking your map. A lot of the time these sorts of things are either circled on the map, or will be on the biggest asteroids in the system (which will also show up on the map).

And if all else fails, you can just leave the mission and go explore a different system.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-18-2010, 12:53 PM
those bases are usually the biggest asteroid on the map, just zoom to a point on the map where you see a big blue rock in the middle or at the end of the rest of them.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-18-2010, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel
those bases are usually the biggest asteroid on the map, just zoom to a point on the map where you see a big blue rock in the middle or at the end of the rest of them.
Ok, will try. thx
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-18-2010, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch246
So I am exploring Delta Voronis (sp?) and I am in an unexplored system. My officer tells me there is an unknown Gorm base in the system and I am supposed to check it out.

Problem? I can't find it!

I don't know where it is..I fly around aimlessly looking. I scan, but that just tells me '3 anomalies found' etc...no icons on my compass, nothing i can point to and go to this base

Now i had a similar explore mission where i had to find 4 or 5 anomalies, and same thing. I lucked out on that because I luckily found them by just flying around aimlessly..but isn't there a better way?

Any input welcome.
You can also use the scan key (v).

It will point out anomalies as well as things of importance, such as bases or ground clickies on a ground scan.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-18-2010, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelzie View Post
You can also use the scan key (v).

It will point out anomalies as well as things of importance, such as bases or ground clickies on a ground scan.
Is this the same as the Scan button on the HUD? Or the Scan on the Area map?

Because neither finds those things for me