Lt. Commander
# 11
02-18-2010, 01:29 PM
Good point but Eve IS ****!!!!! lmfao i hate that game i installed it and with-in 10mins if that Uninstall lmfao

But i get ur point! still if CRYPTIC say they have done a patch to sort out most of the pek-times LAG and well seems to be just as bad as befor then y say anything!? just do it and if it works WELL DONE!! but untill then y dont you put some more man-power and money into the Lag....

God dame i wont to kick off!! but i wont just sort it CRYPTIC after all we are paying to play!
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-18-2010, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleford
I am an eve player and still am, I played since beta, and have been looking forward to STO for years, eve has never had issues as severe as STO from launch. Eve runs in a much simpler way. And now since the game engine rebuild its still smooth as a baby and has much more polygons than STO.

Odd I find it.

I would take that as a good sign. If Eve has never run into the problem, then there is a good chance Cryptic will be able to fix it... it could be very different technologies, but the techniques for 1 server are probably very similiar. Cryptic will find the glitch in thier code, or method and fix it...

then again they are very different games.. so who knows.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-18-2010, 01:37 PM
Look at the end of the day there must be millons of Star Trek Fans! out like there is Star Wars! and the 1st thing CRYPTIC should of looked at was the Player Cap! it seems to me that they set it at somthing like 1500 or even 2500! with no thourt into how many players there would be coming to STO! This alone has made the LAG so bad that even tho ur paying to play ur not able to...

Seems to me they sat at a table and said to hell with the Player Cap/Lag we sort it out when we need to but get the players to start paying for the game NOW!!! and when we think its time to sort out the Player Cap/Lag then we will get to it!!!

WELL HOW ABOUT NOW FFS!!!
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-18-2010, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleford
I am an eve player and still am, I played since beta, and have been looking forward to STO for years, eve has never had issues as severe as STO from launch. Eve runs in a much simpler way. And now since the game engine rebuild its still smooth as a baby and has much more polygons than STO.

Odd I find it.
Sorry but I don't belive you have never had lag in eve as I had it constanly espicaly in the really busy central systems. It could take me as much as 30 mins to get to the space station in some systems when other times it would only be 5 at most. Unless they radicly changed eve since the last time i played it 95% of the space in eve is just black with a few white spots and it STILL lags badly all the time in the central systems. STO looks VASTLY better and until 2/3 days I had NO lag at all. So its odd I suddenly get this REALLY bad rubber banding. Where I have to go over this same space 4/5 times before it registers.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-19-2010, 01:59 AM
I vote they should upgrade the dedi servers!
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-19-2010, 02:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meridius1980 View Post
I vote they should upgrade the dedi servers!
Well said!!

Side Note - I love ur Sig (As sad it may seem i like to put the Film on when i play hehe ) cannot help it i just love it all.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-19-2010, 02:18 AM
could not but help comment on the eve issues.

They occur, but in very specific instances, in specific time frames. But then again eve is set up in such a way, that.. how do you say... shock wave? ah yes. There have been very very heavy bare on certain areas, such as large corp battles going into the several hundred and dare I say thousands of players and ships, and the effect becomes residual the further you are from it. There is the occasion something occurs that bothers the entire network. They have however accommodated for such a shock wave from popular systems and event areas, which is why Jita and other such areas don't drag down the rest of the network. Yet at times even those popular areas become quite loaded. Not too long ago there was a group of a few thousand of us stuck in a particular system with all exit gates inaccessible. Further talk from CCP was it was remotely delinked from the rest of the systems, and then "autonomously slowly brought back into the network" as to not create a problem for the rest of the nearby network.

It is a quite unique system, that has received hundreds if not hundreds of thousands of tweaks and adjustments to how it operates.

I stand by a point I made a long time ago though, you cannot compare eve's infrastructure to any other game currently out there. It's simply run and maintained in a completely different manner, and simply cannot be "copied" to work with any other project out there. (except maybe one done by CCP, then again it's own uniqueness would require specific research and development to the projects needs).

Sorry I've rambled again. Can't quite recall why I started this post.

Oh yes, lag. For the brits, don't know quite what to say. Most euros I know actually have better connections than the west coast US, as the servers are on the eastern portion of north america. I live in the midwest however, and only twice have ever experienced any sort of rubberbanding, let alone game stopping lag. I do believe I read a thread however somewhere that put a lot of blame on a specific european parent-ISP which owns a lot of the smaller ones - those who were using another service had little to no issues at all.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-19-2010, 02:20 AM
Lets face fact's....!

Sooooo many fan's will logon everyday to play a game where they can fantasize about being Captain James T Kirk...

Inorder for us BRITS to play this game we need less lag.. how hard would it be to upgrade there dedi servers to handle this issue?

SCOTTY WE NEED MORE POWER
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-26-2010, 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meridius1980 View Post
Lets face fact's....!

Sooooo many fan's will logon everyday to play a game where they can fantasize about being Captain James T Kirk...

Inorder for us BRITS to play this game we need less lag.. how hard would it be to upgrade there dedi servers to handle this issue?

SCOTTY WE NEED MORE POWER
A few points about what you guys have been saying:

A. If you are a britt, then don't at me about any STO stuff. The bad service you are crying about on STO when you played EVE was even worse for me over here in the US between EVE and I. And Furthermore, EVE-Online servers are mostly in the UK anyways (the main ones at least). So don't go crying about bad service when you are comparing it to EVE (that means in general) because, to be honest, its about bloody time I had things going in my direction with respect to Space-Based MMO's.

B. As for server Capacity. As a long time player of Various Star Trek Games, I have to keep in mind one simple fact. Nearly all the the Star Trek Games out there fail. They fail. Interplay used to distribute nearly all of them, look how they fared. Taldren Is also pretty much gone, and they made the SFC series. ST: Armada series did a bit better, but still pretty much a failure. Most Star Trek games never really catch on enough to warrent the cost of making them. And Crpytic decided to undertake this project in the period a few years after a bunch of Star Trek companies went under wholesale. Now here they go to their investors with a grand Idea for Star Trek. An MMO of all things, which is more expensive than pretty much any other game.

C. To Cryptic, all the flame posts and everything else about this have got to put huge smiles on their faces. If I were the CEO of Cryptic, I would be touring my investors around the server place and then showing them all these flame posts about massive lag and too many want to play and the like. Especially because I can just about garintee that Crpytic had to do this game way underfunded. They didn't have enough time for development like they might normally have. Heck WoW was at least 3 years in being made, and Blizzard only got away with that because they had made cookie-cutter (my term for an idea similar to "movies for the whole family") games that nearly all turned out to be huge hits (SC is now at 9.5 million copies as for '10, and that game is 11-12 years old now). To Cryptic, this has gotta be heaven considering the huge risk they took.

D. Let me make sure you understand the word "huge" I mean HUGE. Let me give you an idea of how big a risk. If STO hadn't been this block buster, everyone at Cryptic would be out of a job. Out, Gone. There would be no more Cryptic. And with them no more Star Trek games for the forseeable future. Be HAPPY that you have to deal with all this lag (in a weird sort of way of course, I like anyone else who gets intense about games will rage, QQ, etc from lag).

Anyways, my 2 Energy Credits (or EC?)
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-26-2010, 10:05 PM
I have to admit until this past week I have had no lag and now I am not only getting lag but I am rubberbanding severly.