Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
02-22-2010, 03:39 PM
Exact same situation for me here. I even took the chance that the problem was somewhere in getting the ship and bought a different one but it won't close out for me no matter what I do.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-23-2010, 12:45 AM
Ticket NO #695154

Same problem here...can't finish the quest...
after selecting my new ship the log sais "go and talk to admiral quinn" and the admiral
says only "go and chose your new ship, commander"...grrr....
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-23-2010, 12:47 AM
Is actually someone working on that problem? Tickets will not be answered too soon, eh?
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-23-2010, 03:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calimeromonster View Post
Is actually someone working on that problem? Tickets will not be answered too soon, eh?
This is why we need some more imput, as this is the only problem atm that stops me enjoying STO totally.
Lt. Commander
# 25 Promotion bugged
02-23-2010, 05:40 AM
I have the exact same issue.. I posted a ticket to the GMs and got a response after a week... I am guessing it is our fault somehow and there is really nothing wrong with the quest...

Here is what I put in for the quest.
I am stuck. the quest tells me to Choose Starship from Lt. Laurel's Store. I have chosen a starship, made it active and flown missions with it. I have also purchased at full price a second T2 starship still with no success. The mission is not updating and when I tried to talk to Lt Laurel in the shipyard again, the mission will not update. Please fix this asap......

Here is the reply I get from Customer Service.....

We have reviewed the game play issue you described and have confirmed that it is working correctly. To better ensure that all players have an equal and fair playing experience, we do not provide information on actual game play or hints regarding missions. Furthermore, you may be able to find assistance with similar questions by seeking out the assistance of other players in game or visiting the official forums which can be reached through the Community link at the top of the launcher. Thank you for playing!

So choke it up Gentlemen, apparently it is our fault or we are just not doing it right.... yeah right....
Lt. Commander
# 26 Same Here
02-23-2010, 07:46 AM
I have completed to promotion to captain, got my new ship, and even went to the ceremony, but it still shows that I haven't completed it. Admiral Quinn says I need to get my ship, and that's the end of that.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-23-2010, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickpa
I have completed to promotion to captain, got my new ship, and even went to the ceremony, but it still shows that I haven't completed it. Admiral Quinn says I need to get my ship, and that's the end of that.
Yep... but there is nothing wrong.. we are just not doin it right.... thats what I was told.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-23-2010, 08:31 AM
Chalk up one more with this same problem. All the steps in the Promotion mission complete successfully but the mission itself won't resolve so going back to Quinn just tells me I need to pick up my ship over and over even though I already have it. No response since last week on the issue. Should hit the next level soon and find out if I'm well and truly boned on any future advancement. If it doesn't work I'll be sure to cancel my subscription about 5 minutes after that.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-23-2010, 10:20 AM
Quote:
We have reviewed the game play issue you described and have confirmed that it is working correctly. To better ensure that all players have an equal and fair playing experience, we do not provide information on actual game play or hints regarding missions. Furthermore, you may be able to find assistance with similar questions by seeking out the assistance of other players in game or visiting the official forums which can be reached through the Community link at the top of the launcher. Thank you for playing!
so... they think there is some hidden or special way to complete a promotion mission, maybe if i did it "right" it'll give us 10 million energy credit as mission reward?

what sort of response is that... it is clearly a bug or otherwise they are insulting us, they think we have zero IQ.
Lt. Commander
# 30 ditto
02-23-2010, 10:51 AM
ditto. same issue